Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, new member!!!  (Read 1930 times)

Forastero

• It's like butter
Hello, new member!!!
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:50:51 am »

Yeah, I'm new here, been a libertarian all my life (tho I didnt know what the beliefs I subscribed to was libertarian for awhile) Anyway, I've decided to become a member of this movement and I plan to move to NH as soon as it is feasable for me to do so (Im 20 and still living at home :P) I hope to meet some cool people here. Peace!
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Hello, new member!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 02:26:48 am »

Yeah, I'm new here, been a libertarian all my life (tho I didnt know what the beliefs I subscribed to was libertarian for awhile) Anyway, I've decided to become a member of this movement and I plan to move to NH as soon as it is feasable for me to do so (Im 20 and still living at home :P) I hope to meet some cool people here. Peace!

Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your plan for moving to NH.

Kevin

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »

Most potential freestaters face two big obstacles to moving: job and residence.  If you want to rent a room for the time being, there are lots of homeowners who are renting rooms to fellow freestaters.  The house I'm in currently has four freestaters in it.

The best way to find work (even if only for a few months) is to go through a temp agency.  Here are two good ones in the Manchester area:
Leddy Group
Bedford, NH
603-666-4051

Officeteam
Manchester (on Elm St)
603-641-9233

Those jobs run around $10-12 an hour.  They're also a good way to get your foot in the door somewhere.  Hiring and promotions in New England have a lot to do with who you know, and this is a good way to build up your resume and references.

--Max
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Quantrill

• First 1000
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:19 pm »

Forastero,

I started posting here recently and wanted to let you know of anoter message board that seems to be a little busier than this one.  www.nhfree.com

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with posting here, but I've found that you'll get more responses by trying that board. 

Not sure what part of the country you're in, but you may want to make a trip to NH to check it out.  I'll be doing that in a couple months (gotta see what it's like in the dead of winter!).

Good luck to you.

Forastero

• It's like butter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:45:46 am »

Max- Thanks for the tips buddy, I'll def come in handy once Im there :)

Quantrill- Yeah, that boards looks alot busier, but I like it here, so I'll probably alternate between the two boards for now ;)
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up