Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicagoan visiting the state, possibly around august 18th+  (Read 2927 times)

mattus

Chicagoan visiting the state, possibly around august 18th+
« on: July 01, 2005, 04:25:53 am »

Hello from Chicago, my personal hell.

I'm going on a rather long and hard road trip, and I'll be passing from brooklyn up north and had wanted to visit NH for friends as well as see the FSP, I was wondering if there were any FSP members interested in possibly letting me camp a small space in their backyard as I tour through. Its just me and I'm not asking for food or any of your time, just need a nice place to stop to rest my feet and butt (taking my motorcycle). If you do have a decent work schedule I'd perhaps like to see the ways in which you interact with other FSP members and just get a general feel for the state. I'm not carrying any guns, as motorcycles tend to bear many restrictions to carry rights, and carrying illegally through canada and places like chicago or new york city would probably get me some serious jailtime.

Info about me, I'm a clean cut early 20's male, very modest and will stay the hell out of the way, especially if pointed towards a bar or some live music.

I'd be leaving brooklyn around the 17th or 18th most likely, perhaps 19th/20th at the latest, getting into NH the next day. After that I'm up to either montreal or quebec, still haven't plotted it all out that well.

If you're interested or want to know more about me I can give you my email or other contact, or if you know of local cheap campgrounds.. any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Matt

mattus

Re: Chicagoan visiting the state, possibly around august 18th+
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 04:33:08 am »

Ah yes and I am a rabid individualist, fiscal conservative, socially off the wall, government-hating ex-pinko.

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:32:36 am »

I'd be leaving brooklyn around the 17th or 18th most likely, perhaps 19th/20th at the latest, getting into NH the next day.

Likely the best place to meet people that weekend (20th):

Third Saturday in Weare, noonish 'til ya can't stand it
anymore. The pool's open when it can be, the grill's hot when it should
be, and everybody's here where they oughta be. Bring along libation or
sustenance to share, poolside essentials, a new Porc, a new Mensan, a
guest, whatever fits in the car... "Meet & Greet" status as appropriate.
Directions at allemanse.com/20050716.htm

Contact Bill Alleman, and I'll bet you can camp around there if needed.

mattus

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 11:29:35 am »

Sounds good, I'll kill a few extra days in crooklyn or check out the coney island freak show.

Freeme

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:27:04 pm »

I'm from Chicago area too and to steal a line from Batman of all movies, "This town needs an enema."

We have Mayor Daley that blows hundreds of millions over budget on Millenium Park, claims "dunno" when asked about hired truck program or other corruption and the people still elect this guy.

To steal another line, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Who needs the mob when you have Mayor Daley? All they did was get rid of the out-in-the-open crime and call themselves polititicans.

Matt

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 09:51:55 am »

Well, I have a cabin in the woods near Danbury (about 30 mins / 15 miles from either Rt 89 or Rt 93, depending on which way you're heading north towards the Canada leg of your journey). I'll likely be out there on the weekend of the 20th/21st, but if you're around for a few days after that, I'd just want to make sure my neighbors knew you were ok to be there.

Forastero

• It's like butter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:04:42 pm »

I'm from Chicago area too and to steal a line from Batman of all movies, "This town needs an enema."

We have Mayor Daley that blows hundreds of millions over budget on Millenium Park, claims "dunno" when asked about hired truck program or other corruption and the people still elect this guy.

To steal another line, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Who needs the mob when you have Mayor Daley? All they did was get rid of the out-in-the-open crime and call themselves polititicans.

Matt

I agree, Chicago is a rotting ceaspool, you'd have to pay me to go back there.
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 02:06:36 pm »

I agree, Chicago is a rotting ceaspool, you'd have to pay me to go back there.
Bill Gates himself couldn't pay me enough.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)
Pages: [1]   Go Up