Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone coming from the Philadelphia area (or NJ)?  (Read 3036 times)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Anyone coming from the Philadelphia area (or NJ)?
« on: June 12, 2005, 06:48:12 pm »

I can get a great deal on ammunition to sell at PorcFest (all profits to be donated to the FSP) if someone can pick it up in NJ (about half an hour east from Philly).  Shipping is a killer, but if someone is driving through that way, and could make a short detour, we could get a significant discount (which means more for the FSP).

Thanks for any help,
Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

MichaelY

• Friend of the FSP
Re: Anyone coming from the Philadelphia area (or NJ)?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 07:22:15 am »

Are there possible issues transporting ammo through the unfree states of NJ, NY, MA?
Hollow point specifically, in NJ?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 08:52:00 pm »

Uh, yes, there are several possible issues (although not with hollowpoints, since this would be general "plinking" ammunition for the range time).  But some people are not overly-concerned with such things.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

MichaelY

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:04:40 am »

Uh, yes, there are several possible issues (although not with hollowpoints, since this would be general "plinking" ammunition for the range time).  But some people are not overly-concerned with such things.

Joe
"Some people" indeed do senseless things!

But allow me to return to the earthly topic of interest: how about a quick run down of rules one would be breaking.. anyone please?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 07:00:10 pm »

But allow me to return to the earthly topic of interest: how about a quick run down of rules one would be breaking.. anyone please?

Don't know about every state, but at least Mass prohibits possession of ammunition without a license.  If I recall correctly, they even consider spent casings to be "ammunition" for the purposes of the law.

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up