Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you planning on, or willing to, move to the Free State before the goal of 20,000 participants is reached?

Definitely Yes
- 35 (70%)
Definitely No
- 2 (4%)
Maybe Yes
- 9 (18%)
Maybe No
- 0 (0%)
Depends on future unforeseen circumstances
- 4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you (or will you) move before 20K  (Read 7184 times)

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
Re: Are you (or will you) move before 20K
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 11:07:59 am »

Jason,
Thanks for fixing the poll!

I guess you could add all sorts of caveats to the question, but my purpose was to gage the attitude toward the 20K people number.  It would be terrible if the project should fail in making a positive change because it failed in the superficial goal of recruiting members.  Aside from gulching and isolating one's self (not for everybody), the FSP and the various organizations spawned in NH are the best chance most of us have for living free.

Personally, I don't understand the threshold for signing up.  It seems counter-intuitive to not sign until people do sign; it is self-defeating.

Anyway, thanks to all those participating in the poll.  Perhaps a show of bucking the numbers will increase enthusiasm for the project and take focus from the numbers to actual results.
You Moos sure can party!

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 08:09:24 pm »

Me, hubby, and 1 year old son will be moving next year or in about five years depending on if we get free land from my folks.
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

Menolly

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 10:59:58 pm »

I am definitely moving to NH (and my roommate is 99% sure she will as well - she has a few other factors involved than I do). I grew up in Connecticut and always wanted to stay in New England. Now my political beliefs make NH the best New England state to do it in. That said, the only thing keeping me from going right now is that I intend to be in medical school in another year or two and I can't guarantee it will be located in NH. After med school though, I'll be making plans to move asap.

bIlluminati

• FSP Participant
  • For freedom
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 12:56:05 am »

My son turns 18 in 15 months. My lease is up each year at the end of March. So, barring unforeseen circumstances, I will likely be moving in the spring of 2007.

Except for agreed-on child visitation, we'd be packing right now.
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 10:05:46 am »

Already here, dude!  8)

Blitz

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 05:08:16 pm »

If 20k is hit and people start moving, I will too.  If it doesn't hit 20k, I think I would sooner head to Alaska.  I like the population density and climate more.   

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 06:43:14 pm »

Somewhat like Ian, my circumstances are almost entirely financial in nature. That and I need to do another couple of years of college, assuming that  the Politics & Govt. Dept doesn't piss me off too much between now and then. Also, I will need some kind of job security in order to have enough $ to A) move there and B) be something other than completely destitute when I get there. As is, my life savings is only about $7,000, and God knows how expensive moving would be. Anyone have any estimates on moving costs between the WC and NH?
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up