Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you planning on, or willing to, move to the Free State before the goal of 20,000 participants is reached?

Definitely Yes
- 35 (70%)
Definitely No
- 2 (4%)
Maybe Yes
- 9 (18%)
Maybe No
- 0 (0%)
Depends on future unforeseen circumstances
- 4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you (or will you) move before 20K  (Read 6993 times)

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
Are you (or will you) move before 20K
« on: June 10, 2005, 03:58:55 pm »

As an aside, perhaps remark on how long you intend to wait or if there is a membership threshhold below 20,000 that would trigger an early move.

Also, you can vote up to 4 times to compensate for family members who may be a participant but not active on this board.
You Moos sure can party!

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
Re: Are you (or will you) move before 20K
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:51 pm »

That was supposed to be vote several times, not 4 different choices.  Sorry, first poll. :-[
You Moos sure can party!

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »

Oh and my asides are: there is no threshhold for me and if I start a master's program this fall, it will be at least 5 years as I will remain in my current job to have 70% of the cost reimbursed.  I would need that much time to plan and get ready anyhow.
You Moos sure can party!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 04:35:38 pm »

Fixed the poll for you. :) Another revealing question might be to ask whether there is a signups threshold for people, or some other threshold (such as getting a job), or both.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 04:36:38 pm »

I'll be there in roughly three years, FSP or not.  I didn't join the FSP until after they chose NH, because I had already decided to move to NH.  I'm just glad to have others doing the same thing...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 05:27:00 pm »

I guess I am a most definitely yes ... but depends on future unforeseen circumstances..... ;D
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

ravelkinbow

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 07:11:59 pm »

Moving on the 25th of this Month!!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 07:32:53 pm »

I'd have worded it, "whether or not the 20,000 goal is reached".

I answered "definitely yes", but that's because I'm betting the 20k doesn't happen in the next 3-4 years (which is when I plan to move). But FSP or no, employer-paid move or no, we're moving to NH.

Kevin

BarryD

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 09:09:20 pm »

We will definitely move before the 20k as well. I feel if I wait for 19,900 other knuckleheads to move i'll be waiting a looooong time.
My main concern is just finding suitable jobs for both my wife and I. According to job sites, the only jobs in NH (and everywhere for that matter) are for salesman and get-rich-by-working-at-home scams. :'(

That said, our goal is to get the funk out of here before our kid has to go to school.

The BarryD

"If you're going to be a sheep, be aware of who's the Shepard."
Me

Michael Reynolds

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 11:46:50 pm »

I'm already livin' it up in NH, though I guess I'm only a "friend" of the FSP, as I've been here for most of my life. Either way, I'm NEVER living anywhere other than NH, unless I form my own country, which is not outside the realm of possibility.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 06:17:58 am »

I'm just working on getting La Esposa to come along.  There needs to be _some_ representative of my family in Laconia and La Mere and the sisters (and my sisters' spawn) are all down around Manchester, an area I prefer to avoid.  (Correction: three of my nephews are in harm's way in southwest Asia, the stupid twits).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 10:32:45 am »

We will definitely move before the 20k as well. I feel if I wait for 19,900 other knuckleheads to move i'll be waiting a looooong time.
My main concern is just finding suitable jobs for both my wife and I. According to job sites, the only jobs in NH (and everywhere for that matter) are for salesman and get-rich-by-working-at-home scams. :'(

That said, our goal is to get the funk out of here before our kid has to go to school.

The BarryD

Barry what kind of job are you looking for?

BarryD

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 03:49:59 pm »

I'm currently in Advertising (a copywriter), but I'm open to pursuing a new career. Ad biz is fun, but hardly the most stable of jobs.

My master plan is to get enough xp in a job that's more desirable than a copywriter. There;s not a big demand for them in NH. So, I figure it will take a couple of years, unfortunately.

The BarryD 
"If you're going to be a sheep, be aware of who's the Shepard."
Me

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 11:36:11 pm »

Don't be afraid to look in Boston.... yeah it is a commute but if it can get you closer to moving.
Also check the 128 Beltway in MA.... that is about 30 minutes closer to NH.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 09:13:42 pm »

I will move as soon as my show starts making money...   hopefully sooner rather than later...
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up