Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are they from?  (Read 2323 times)

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Where are they from?
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:00:39 am »

With 271 on the We'll Be There List as of today (over 50% more than last year!), I decided this would be a good time to figure out where the most people are coming from.  I had to do it by hand so this might be the only time this gets done until the festival.  Here are some spiffy stats:

There are 271 people registered to come from 24 different New Hampshire towns, 32 other states (33 total) and 1 foreign country (the Netherlands).  The New Hampshire towns from which the most people are coming are as follows:

1: Keene - 10
2: Concord - 6
3: Grafton - 5
4: Unity - 4
5: Winchester - 4

Considering 'metro areas', Keene and Concord still come out on top (in that order).

The states from which the most people are coming are as follows:

1: MA - 20
2: VA - 16
3: FL - 12
4: CA - 11
5: NJ - 11
6: PA - 10
7: GA - 8
8: NY - 7

I happen to be aware of some movement among people in these states which would change the totals slightly (these are right off the list).  If my calculations are correct (based on what I know), the actual numbers for thsoe states would change to CA - 10 (NH + 1), NJ - 6 (NH + 5), NY - 8 (CT - 1).

Finally, I *think* there may be 1-3 other foreign countries represented that are not on the list (Canada, Russia, and Greece).  Depends on whether those people actually make it or not and, in one case, whether they've moved to NH or not ;)

Fun stuff, eh? ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
Re: Where are they from?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:16:51 pm »

You can add two more from New Jersey, my wife doesn't want our names on the main published list.  We've got a site reserved at Rogers' Campground for the duration, both weekends and in between.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Where are they from?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 04:56:17 pm »

All our guys from Manchester and Nashua must be under the radar too....they has to be quite a few from there. :)

But you have to hand it to the Keene "metro" area....in fact if we are going with that statistic.....I think we can claim Winchesters too. ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:57:56 pm by Russell Kanning »
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up