Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting there...hopefully...maybe  (Read 3268 times)

claywhittaker

getting there...hopefully...maybe
« on: June 03, 2005, 03:26:48 pm »

I personally haves signed up as a member of FSP, and would like nothing more then to take a visit to porcfest. However, I am fifteen years old, live in Ohio, and my parents aren't members. I really have no idea how I would get there, accept that there must be a way. I have a fair amount of money to do so, but I'm not particularly rich. I thought it would be a good idea to stay in a tent there, but there's the matter of getting there, since there's not really any airport leading in, and I don't think I could take any camping gear on a plane with me. If anyone has any ideas on how to get there, I'm all ears. In any case, I'll definitely be there next year, in a car, with a tent at the campground! Thanks a lot guys!

lloydbob1

Re: getting there...hopefully...maybe
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 04:30:49 pm »

Hi, 15 is a little young to cross 1/3rd of the country, but, that is between you and your parents. You can bring camping gear on a bus.  Greyhound will, probably, get you to Manchester or Concord.  Here is a link for service to Littleton, NH, 20 miles from Lancaster.
http://www.concordtrailways.com/littleton_plymouth_newhampshire_bus_schedule.htm
Make arrangements with at least two people coming to Porcfest to come get you. I'm sure you can get a ride back to Concord or manchester.
This will require some arranging, but, it is doable.  Traveling with a friend is safer.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 01:42:41 pm »

Hi, 15 is a little young to cross 1/3rd of the country, but, that is between you and your parents.
I was 15 when I migrated from Los Angeles to Laconia back in 1970.  That was back when Greyhound had competition, so it was Continental Trailways for the whole trip.
I only lived in NH for 3&1/2 years (incorporating four winters), and hopefully soon I'm gonna be returning.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 02:25:21 pm »

Hey 15!  Thanks for you interest in Freedom, but must say:  Before you get into serious thinking of coming to
the Porc Fest, thinking you need to receive permission from Mom and Dad for the trip.

Call me an old Fuddy Duddy if you like, but expect that is why we get parents, to help us make important decisions until
we are ready to strike out on our own.

Best wishes to you, and hoping Freedom continues to grow in your heart!
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:23:17 pm »

I personally haves signed up as a member of FSP, and would like nothing more then to take a visit to porcfest. However, I am fifteen years old, live in Ohio, and my parents aren't members. I really have no idea how I would get there, accept that there must be a way. I have a fair amount of money to do so, but I'm not particularly rich. I thought it would be a good idea to stay in a tent there, but there's the matter of getting there, since there's not really any airport leading in, and I don't think I could take any camping gear on a plane with me. If anyone has any ideas on how to get there, I'm all ears. In any case, I'll definitely be there next year, in a car, with a tent at the campground! Thanks a lot guys!
Awesome!

I just turned 16 and also want to go!

I'd love to see people my own age there if I get to go! (mom seems reluctant)
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 03:19:47 am »

My recommendation:  Bring the 'rents... ;)  They're welcome.  It's a family friendly event.  Heck, I'm bringing mine and I already live in NH ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up