Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering the move, and visit this year...  (Read 2369 times)

realist

Considering the move, and visit this year...
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:06:09 pm »

I have always intended on moving back to New England, and NH looks good to me so far. I lived in CT as a young boy, and have visited a few times, but never NH, maybe this fall hopefully.

We are a young family, don't have a lot of money, 2 kids and we are both still in school, (would not move until undergrads are done). I am definitely for small government, and I incite anger frequently among those who try to push regulatory legislation and agendas by speaking out, networking and being a serious liberty-guided nuisance.

I do not agree with anarchism, there are many lower countries who, if classified honestly, could be considered anarcho-capitalist and they are hell. American transnational corporations actually employ the strongest cartel gangs in some of these places to protect their labor arbitrage projects. I definitely do not believe government should be telling me how to live my life or do business, as long as no evidence exists of harm to others wellness or property. Government should only protect liberty, not reduce it. But to think that we would last one month in this world with powerful corporations with GNP's in the top 20 economies (including whole countries) without some regulation is ridiculous.

I am searching for a nice region in New England to raise my children, practice my profession without unnecessary regulation, and have the least amount of exposure to ignorant behaviors, such as violent and destructive crime, as possible. A place that emphasizes culture, history, education, liberty, creativity, and altruism in general. I want to come to NH this fall, and give my southern wife a romantic experience of it, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Now that you are well into such a project, has the participation stayed on course with the intended purpose thus far? Or has it morphed into something else?  Is this a libertarian or classic liberal project, or is there a strong anarchist, atheist vein to it? I am definitely for small government and reduced regulation, but some of the posts I have read here are not my cup of tea, so to speak. I just want to get a feel for the level of tolerance within the movement, as some here have very different, sometimes opposing viewpoints or positions.

Roycerson

• FSP Participant
Re: Considering the move, and visit this year...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:38:03 pm »

Now that you are well into such a project, has the participation stayed on course with the intended purpose thus far? Or has it morphed into something else?  Is this a libertarian or classic liberal project, or is there a strong anarchist, atheist vein to it?

In a word....Yes.

Those who have already moved have been been working hard toward shrinking government and that is the intended purpose.  There is constant activity on the forums at NHFree.com where you'll find many who have already made the move.  Some are atheists though not many.  Some are anarchists though they are not in the majority.  All are working hard at achieving smaller government whether by direct political action, demonstrations, or publicized acts of civil disobedience.  It is true that everyone has a different perspective about how best to affect change in the free state but that's what decentralization is all about. 

I don't think you'll find a single person here who agrees with everything said in these forums.  I'd be very surprised if such a person exists.  No matter what issue or activity you there is a great support structure to help you out.  One goal everyone shares in common and can work together to achieve is Liberty in our Lifetime.
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom....Anton LaVey

realist

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:53:50 pm »

That sounds really good to me! I am really about making progress on your issues. I have had so many disappointing experiences with free thinking, libertarian or rational thinking groups that turn into bash groups, bashing this and hating that...or worse, pacifists that never stand up for an issue! Such a waste of effort. Why not work hard at your goals and do your best to put your own agenda forth.

Anyway, any suggestions concerning the upcoming visit I will be making and the characteristics of the place that I am looking live in would be appreciated. I have always been most interested in the Mt. Monadnock region.

Thanks!

ravelkinbow

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 06:01:53 am »

See as much as you can while your here!  Take a trip to the statehouse and the white mountains are incredible.

NH is far removed from CT and you will like the difference of that I am very sure.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:30:59 am »

As soon as you're sure you'll be moving, please do sign the First1000 pledge!
http://freestateproject.org/first1000
Pages: [1]   Go Up