Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: States ranked by RLC Liberty Index  (Read 16865 times)

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Re:States ranked by RLC Liberty Index
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2003, 11:36:16 am »

That's another advantage of New Hampshire.... Not only do we get the most successful LP of all the candidate states to work through if the indivdual candidates choose, but the LPNH also broke off our UMP aggreement with national, so we have no real financial relationship with them. Gives them one less powerful tool which they could use in any other candidate state. :)

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Porcupineapple

• FSP Participant
  • Legalize Freedom!
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2003, 01:57:27 pm »

Well, let's face it... The thread is about the RLC. Just wanted to make it clear the RLC would support the Republican, not matter how bad, over a Lib or libertarian/Democrat (and yes, there is at least one I can think of ;))

You must be thinking of some other group with the name 'Republican' in the title!  Your estimation of the Republican Liberty Caucus is false, you mis-read that.  As a group advocating change within the Republican PArty, they have a hand's-off policy in such a situation.  They would never endorse an Ashcroft, you are being entirely mis-leading.

poondog

• I'm learning
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2003, 02:19:40 pm »

Right.  Which is why we limited ourselves to states with relatively less population.  IMO, Nevada should have been kept, but that decision wasn't up to me.  No, I don't deny the significant drawbacks to Nevada, but I think it would have been a neat project anyway.  

Wrong! Nevada is a lost cause. I moved to Nevada in 1982 because I wanted a free lifestyle. In the years since then, NV has been californicated, the state is now run by Clark County, which of course is Las Vegas and it's suburbs. While the rest of the state is moderately to very conservative, Clark County is very liberal, which isn't surprising since a majority of the population influx is from southern California. Since the population of Clark County is more than all the rest of the state, they elect the governor, senators, the majority of the legislature, etc. Many politicians don't even bother campaining outside Clark County now. Nevada would be a hopeless choice.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2003, 03:00:34 pm »

Only quoting them, Babe..... You go to the link, and tell me if you read it any differently....

JM

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2003, 10:03:39 am »

From Babe: "It does not say that they would support a fascist Republican over an LP candidate,"

From the RLC site: "The RLC does not support LP candidates in a race where there is a GOP candidate."

At the very least, they won't support the LP candidate.

And the reason you have never seen an electable LP candidate with a winning party behind them is because you haven't been in New Hampshire. :o)

Here's some examples:

Dan Belforti
John Babiarz - Currently working with the governor
Michelle Dumas is also VERY electable, wish she would run! ;)
And of course....
James Maynard
And moi on video: WNDS-TV 50

We've learned to wear business suits, get professional photos done, show up well-dressed to interviews, etc.

Some may accuse us of using "the tools of politicians" by wearing ties, etc., but it's the best chance to get our word across. Glad to see you agree with us on that reality, Babe. :) But don't think EVERY state LP presents unkempt, unprofessional candidates. The LPNH is well above that. :)

JM

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2003, 01:14:10 pm »

Well, I helped man the LPNH booth at the Lancaster Fair yesterday, where we had people taking the WSPQ and plotting them out on the Nolan chart. There were surprisingly few die hard liberals or conservatives. Most were either libertarians, centrists, or mild authoritarians. The most solid liberal I scored was actually from California who was working on Bob Graham's presidential campaign.

Many who thought they were solid conservatives wound up being either solid libertarians or solid authoritarians, most being libertarians.

Had quite a few husband/wife couples each taking the quiz, and surprised by the results. I think I started some family quarrels.... One woman came out as a 10/10 authoritarian and asked me, "What political parties are in that part of the chart?"
I replied, "Oh, Fascists and Nazis are the most typical..."
She was horrified.... her husband laughed.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up