Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A perfect state for a "Rebelion"....  (Read 6163 times)

kanjo fett

• Im a Phoneix! Ths South Shall Rise!!
A perfect state for a "Rebelion"....
« on: August 04, 2003, 11:38:54 pm »

Howdy, ;)

Im new to the FSP and Im really digging this idea. Hopefully we can accomplish our goal peacefully and justfully.  But we must not forget the past.  Before I start ranting let me share my state idea with yall, I believe that Mississippi would be perfect. Because if a vote was held today with out the FSP steping a foot in Mississppi the majority would vote to leave so I think its a great place for a foothold.

The War for Southern Independence is a perfect example of the USA's resolve to freedom and the will of the people. The majority of the Southern states citizens voted to leave the union (Maryland would of left as well if not for federal troops killing or kidnapping its elected officals the night of the vote.) the government illegally precepitated a war by garrising troops at fort sumnter which violated the peacefull federal withdrawl agreement that the US congress set forth.

Now before any of yall start thinking Im some Klan member let me set it straight, I do not believe in racism and I hate racists, and groups like the Klan. Iam 100% Seminole Indian.

Now thats out of the way lets get on with the point. My point is that the US government is not gonna simply let yall walk away with a state. They will murder any one that tries just like they did the Southern people and the Indians. Following the Civil War the South's mortality rate was genocidal there was an estimated 6.2 million civilian post war deaths in the South after the Civil War. These deaths occured during the so called reconstruction period. And the chilling reallity is that 78% of those deaths were in federal established "Education" camps set up threw the South. These "Eductaion" camps served as death camps for possible rebels that may be trouble down the road. Oh yeah and all that BS about having free slaves, just recently documents have risen in Canada that show that the US government made aproximatly 34 orders of "Fresh Negros" from Canadian slave traders, these documents extend 21 years after the end of the Civil War. Each order was delivered to Marble Head, Mass. and totaled between 50,000 - 150,000.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 06:41:39 am by kanjo fett »
"By god, give me liberty or give me death!"

General, Robert E. Lee

Ceol Mhor

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
Re:A perfect state for a "Rebelion"....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 11:58:37 pm »

Assuming for the moment that Mississippi would be willing to secede (I know little about it from a social point of view, so I'll take your words for it), how likely would they be to adopt a libertarian, small-government system after doing so? Simply having people who want out of the USA doesn't mean anything if they simply want to create their own set of pervasive laws and regulations. To use the Civil War as an example, the CSA wouldn't have been any more free of a place than the USA even if it had won the war (slavery notwithstanding).

I think there are too many people in Mississippi for us to effectively nudge it towards a libertarian attitude, even if the people share some sentiments with the FSP already.

StevenN

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 12:14:34 am »

And also, the FSP has clearly stated that secession isn't an option. Now, in the very long-run, never say never. But I think that it would be a good idea if porcupines tried to "purge" themselves of the idea of secession: I believe it could be something that can be used against the FSP in all 10 states.

Just my $0.02!  ;D

And welcome Kanjo!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 12:15:33 am by StevenN »
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" -- Jebediah Springfield

Zack Bass

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 12:15:15 am »

To use the Civil War as an example, the CSA wouldn't have been any more free of a place than the USA even if it had won the war (slavery notwithstanding).

That's right.  The Confederacy had The Draft even before The United States.  And several other Evil Firsts as the war progressed.
Of course, we now have all of those things anyhow, but it took longer in the U.S..

kanjo fett

• Im a Phoneix! Ths South Shall Rise!!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 06:54:47 am »

I see your point, Mississippi is not the most liberal friendly place in the world.

But they would make a powerful ally down the road. Hypothetically lets say down the road when the FSP is attempting to free a state, they would further hamper the governments efforts to focus just on us. The US would have a liberal freedom group and a conservitive freedom group, that would throw a major monkey wrench in any US gestapo style front on the "evil" liberals. And possibly shake more apples from the tree if you get my point.

I also did a little research on Southern freedom groups (Non-Racist & Non-violent only)) and I came across 2 such groups, the Southern Party a political group with sorta the same idea as the FSP. The other group is a litttle bit more radical but still non-violent and non-racist, the League of the South. The LOS has from what I was told by one of there "Rebmasters" a whoping 112,345 members threw out the South mostly in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia & South Carolina. They also to my surprise have Northern "Copperhead" chapters in yankee cities like New York, Providence, Boston, Chicago, and Philidelphia. Oh well its just a sugestion.

Peace out ;D
"By god, give me liberty or give me death!"

General, Robert E. Lee

Number_6

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 10:57:43 am »

The Confederacy had The Draft even before The United States.  

Zack, are you sure about that?  The New York City riots of 1863 were called the Draft Riots.  The CSA did institute a draft, but I think it might have been in 1864 or 1865.

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 01:04:04 pm »

I also did a little research on Southern freedom groups (Non-Racist & Non-violent only)) and I came across 2 such groups, the Southern Party a political group with sorta the same idea as the FSP. The other group is a litttle bit more radical but still non-violent and non-racist, the League of the South. The LOS has from what I was told by one of there "Rebmasters" a whoping 112,345 members threw out the South mostly in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia & South Carolina. They also to my surprise have Northern "Copperhead" chapters in yankee cities like New York, Providence, Boston, Chicago, and Philidelphia. Oh well its just a sugestion.

Peace out ;D

I am from Memphis, TN and I might be of some help here.  The Southern Party is not much of an issue.  The League of the South is a mostly libertarian minded group (but also has strong christian right ties).  Even one of the most famous libertarians of all time was a member of the League of the South.  Can anyone guess who I am thinking of?

BTW, the CSA did have the draft before the USA did.

Also, KY was also going to leave the USA but the entire state was made into one big prison.

Also of note, the CSA of America held libertarian/ christian right ideas but acted much like the statist USA.

lloydbob1

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 01:53:49 pm »

Even one of the most famous libertarians of all time was a member of the League of the South.  Can anyone guess who I am thinking of?
I know of only one libertarian connected with Tenn.: Harry Browne

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 02:24:59 pm »

Even one of the most famous libertarians of all time was a member of the League of the South.  Can anyone guess who I am thinking of?
I know of only one libertarian connected with Tenn.: Harry Browne

From what I understand, Harry Browne just lives in TN because it is a nice looking, low cost of living, and low tax state (I do not know if the weather have something to do with it).

However, the very famous libertarian is from New York, if that clue helps. (yes, from NY and most of the most famous people to ever be a member of the League of the South)

Number_6

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 02:33:47 pm »

Was it Murray Rothbard?

HardyMacia

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a newfy!
    • Catamount Software
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 03:07:24 pm »

If anyone can find "OUT, The Vermont Succession Book" it is a great book about how Vermont will succede from the US. Pouring maple syrup in the army jeeps, large fans blowing smoke from the bales of marijuana south to MA so they don't have the energy to attack VT,... Also, Vermont is one of the few states in the USA that was a sovereign country before it was a state.

OUT, The Vermont Succession Book
 Frank Bryan (Political Science Professor at UVM)
 New England Press

Co-authored by Bill Mares and illustrated by well-known comic artist Jeff Danziger. An inspired, humorous fable of the rebirth of the Republic of Vermont. Ya gotta love it!

Hardy Macia
Grand Isle, VT

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 03:46:05 pm »

If anyone can find "OUT, The Vermont Succession Book" it is a great book about how Vermont will succede from the US. Pouring maple syrup in the army jeeps, large fans blowing smoke from the bales of marijuana south to MA so they don't have the energy to attack VT,... Also, Vermont is one of the few states in the USA that was a sovereign country before it was a state.

Correction, all of the original 13 colonies were sovereign countries after they declared independence and before they signed the Articles of Confederation and then the Constitution (a period of over a decade). Vermont, being the 14th state, was unique in that it was never organized as a royal colonial government, arising instead 'in a state of nature' as the Allen brothers stated.

Furthermore, the northern tip of NH, essentially the space between the Connecticut River north of Pittburg and south and east of Hall's Stream, was once an independent country in the early 1800's, following the War of 1812 til the early 1830's, called the Indian Stream Republic. This was in fact the only instance in US history where some territory peacefully seceded from the US, outside of the Phillipine Independence following WWII. The Republic rejoined the US as a defense measure when Canada seemed poised to invade following a foray by Streamers into Canada to retreive a compatriot seized in an illegal raid into the Republic by Canadian lawmen.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

freedomroad

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 10:31:32 pm »

Was it Murray Rothbard?

Yes, indeed  :)

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 10:35:34 pm »

Also, Vermont is one of the few states in the USA that was a sovereign country before it was a state.

I got what your saying but I'll name a few others, on top of what Mike said, CA, TX, and HI all used to be countries.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 10:37:34 pm by FreedomRoad »
Pages: [1]   Go Up