Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: American Haters  (Read 21343 times)

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
American Haters
« on: May 17, 2004, 10:30:55 pm »

"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:American Haters
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 11:20:31 am »

Ignorant post.
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

nonluddite

• Caveat Emptor!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 11:26:27 am »

Ignorant post.

ANOTHER ignorant post.

Wouldn't be a BIT more helpful to explain WHY the post is ignorant?
"I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door.  You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheous, The Matrix

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 11:28:06 am »

You cannot argue with the ignorant.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

nonluddite

• Caveat Emptor!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 11:36:02 am »

You cannot argue with the ignorant.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ignorant
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Maybe you are thinking of some other word, but if he is actually ignorant, he can be TAUGHT!
"I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door.  You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheous, The Matrix

friendofFSP

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 11:46:45 am »

Nothing untrue about that picture. Just go into any political chat room and you will see who wants to end the war on terrorism. We know what the real enemy looks like over in the Middle East but the part that scares me is that we can't tell what the enemy looks like over here.

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 12:07:43 pm »

I was going to comment but it's just not worth addressing.
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Herself

• Western Science *is* *so* wonderful!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 01:52:05 pm »

Oh, I will!

"War on terrorism?!?!"  What war on "terrorism?"   How the bloody, howling blue blazes do you wage war upon a tactic, and one that is deployed to best advantage by the weak or lacking in resources against the powerful?  It's a meaningless two-bit slogan.

Saddaam Hussein wasn't a terrorist.  He was your common or garden variety gangster autocrat, and we helped him climb the pile of severed heads to attain that seat of power.  Will one of you true-blue patriots please explain how disrupting his messy little satrapy, and making sure there were a lot of powerful arms with nobody even faintly responsible or at least knowledgeable watching over a goodly portion of them, while simultaneously creating tens of thousands more nitwittedly fanatic young jihadists who live for nothing more than a chance to kill as many Americans as possible did a single thing to reduce terrorism?  

Fat-headed, fatuous nonesense, to think that the only way to make the world "safe" is to go grind our bootheels into any portion of it we deem in need of a little "clensing."  Screw the Islamic world -- let's go home, stop doing business with them, and let 'em starve in the dark!  It's a lot sounder a plan than to keep poking at that hornet's nest, while simultaneously feeding it with zillions of petrodollars.  (And speaking of "petrodollars," oh avatars of Empire, fine damn job: ya invaded the oil lands, and the price has zoomed UP.  I sure do feel safer now; that deisel fuel is gonna put the next mad bomber into the poorhouse.  Feh!)

The United States of America has gone from kleptocracy to kakistocracy to letting a bunch of half-wits run the gummit to their own advantage -- and just as long as they keep on a-wavin' the Flag an' the Bible, the Right keeps fallin' in dewey-eyed love with whatever evil the morons propose.  Happy future, fools -- look for lots more explosions, an' you keep right on wondering how come it is we are not loved worldwide as the cookie crumbles, y'hear?

I weep for my country, once so free and hopeful, and I even weep for the ijits that are throwing it all away, in happy "Homeland" lockstep.  How joyously you will play Samson in the temple -- with my life, liberty and property under that same roof!

--Herself  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:53:24 pm by Herself »
Civilization in the United States ended by 1913.

lloydbob1

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 02:54:21 pm »

Oh, I will!

-- let's go home, stop doing business with them, and let 'em starve in the dark!  It's a lot sounder a plan than to keep poking at that hornet's nest, while simultaneously feeding it with zillions of petrodollars.  (And speaking of "petrodollars," oh avatars of Empire, fine damn job: ya invaded the oil lands, and the price has zoomed UP.  I sure do feel safer now; that deisel fuel is gonna put the next mad bomber into the poorhouse.  Feh!)

Kudos, Herself

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 03:58:38 pm »

Bravo, Herself.

Oh joy.  I can't wait to see what empty jingoist argument or cartoon will be posted in reply.

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 04:02:52 pm »

I don't often agree with you Herself, but this time your rant was on target.  Way to call out our state of perpetual war!
You Moos sure can party!

friendofFSP

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 04:09:14 pm »

while simultaneously creating tens of thousands more nitwittedly fanatic young jihadists who live for nothing more than a chance to kill as many Americans as possible did a single thing to reduce terrorism?

If i'm not mistaken those people already want us dead. They dont like the freedoms we have, they are jealous of us and their good book tells them we are the enemy. And as far as whats been done to protect us, how about the fact that they havent been able to bring the fight to us here because we are over there taking care of business. One other thing, your comment about oil prices has nothing to do with this war. Chinas oil demands have more than doubled, Venezuela's strike cut production, and demand has increased over the entire world. Also I don't really care what you think about me, so say what you will just know I don't give a shit.

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 04:10:34 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would some of you think if instead of Iraq the US had attacked Iran?

What if the President had stated in no uncertain terms that we were going to war with Iran, not for any selfless motive to "liberate" the Iranian people, but for our own self-interest - to DESTROY terrorists who want to kill us and to END the theocratic state that sponsors and harbors them?

Would you still be opposed to war?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 04:22:16 pm by <Patrick> »
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 04:31:33 pm »

Nothing untrue about that picture. Just go into any political chat room and you will see who wants to end the war on terrorism. We know what the real enemy looks like over in the Middle East but the part that scares me is that we can't tell what the enemy looks like over here.

I'm glad you understand the real meaning of this cartoon. A nation that hates itself cannot survive. A culture that hates itself cannot survive. A civilization that doubts or even rejects its right to defend itself will not last.
-Ayn Rand

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 04:35:03 pm »

They dont like the freedoms we have, they are jealous of us and their good book tells them we are the enemy.

It has nothing to do with freedom.  People don't commit suicide by crashing planes into buildings because they're jealous.  The mid-east conflict goes back over 50 years, but there's no sense in elaborating because it will fall on deaf ears anyway.

And as far as whats been done to protect us, how about the fact that they havent been able to bring the fight to us here because we are over there taking care of business. (emphasis added)

We aren't "taking care of business" anywhere.  Other people, most of whom we don't even know, are over there fighting.  So, before you give the typical "rah-rah, war is great!" cheer I suggest you get off your keister and go enlist.

They have been bringing the fight here, too.  Have you forgotten the Anthrax attacks?  The lunatic gunman at LAX airport?  How about John Mohammed and his shooting spree in DC?  The only reason these things aren't called terrorism is because the government hasn't "linked" them to Al Qaeda (conveniently enough).

The government can't keep us safe.  It can't educate kids.  It can't end poverty.  It can't end drug abuse.  It can't do anything right.  I don't know why so many people who usually distrust government think war is any different than any other government program.

By the way - when did we start equating distrust of government with hating America?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 04:40:59 pm by thegotoguy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up