Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Colleges  (Read 12225 times)

adam86

Colleges
« on: October 01, 2003, 08:40:55 pm »

Please describe the different colleges and universities in NH.

Tony

• FSP Participant
  • Anywhere but Delaware
Re:Colleges
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 12:55:22 am »

I've been looking into this myself.  I'll probably stay here in WA to finish my bacholor's degree for monetary reasons though. :(

Here are the colleges I have found with a link to their websites:

Dartmouth College: www.dartmouth.edu

Keene State College: www.keene.edu

Plymouth State College: www.plymouth.edu

Saint Anselm College: www.anselm.edu

University of New Hampshire: www.unh.edu

Perhaps a NH resident will be able to come and provide us with more info.

SethA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 09:04:27 am »

Here are a couple more NH private, liberal arts colleges:

New England College  www.nec.edu

Colby-Sawyer College  www.colby-sawyer.edu
(not to be confused with Colby College in Maine)

And there is an independent law school in Concord:

Franklin Pierce Law Center  www.piercelaw.edu

Also a non-residential graduate school in Keene and Portsmouth:

Antioch New England Graduate School
 http://www.antiochne.edu/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 09:46:23 pm by SLA »

adam86

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 02:13:29 pm »

What are the residency requirements (how long do I have to live in NH) for the "state resident" tuition rate?

JasonM

• FSP Participant
  • Suceed or Fail, We'll not regret being part of FSP
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 05:32:25 pm »

Thanks guys, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I'm going to NH with you guys, I'm from Central and Northern CA.  I'm 22, and I'll need to be transfering into a  NH college.  Anyone have any advice on what schools to go to and getting help to get into certain schools?
Jason on www.freestatecafe.org forums.

tlekas

• Welcome to NH!
    • The Lekas Family Page
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 01:40:30 pm »

Rivier College - http://www.rivier.edu/

tlekas

• Welcome to NH!
    • The Lekas Family Page
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 01:46:52 pm »

NH Community Technical Colleges - http://www.nhctcs.tec.nh.us/

I have a friend going to one of these colleges to retrain as a machinist.  The program seems to be good and is tied in with local manufacturers so it is likely that you can get a job after going through the program.

When we were home schooling our youngest son he needed better instruction in writing than we could provide.  We paid for him to take evening classes at Rivier College.  We knew the instructor and knew that she was good.  It worked out well.

JasonM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 03:11:43 am »

Thanks guys, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I'm going to NH with you guys, I'm from Central and Northern CA.  I'm 22, and I'll need to be transfering into a  NH college.  Anyone have any advice on what schools to go to and getting help to get into certain schools?

Actually, I need a decent Pre-Med program in a college that isn't TOO hard to get into/transfer into.  If I could get help with this ASAP, it would be most helpfull because I need to first try to get accepted, then once I know where I'll be, I need to find a job and living arangements in that city.

I need to move on with my life, I think the move to NH with all of you will help me to get a "fresh start".  See you all in NH as soon as I get the funding I need to get there ;).

SethA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 07:51:00 pm »

The Univ. of New Hampshire in Durham www.unh.edu does not have a pre-med major or minor but does have a non-binding program. You major in biology, zoology or microbiology.

Rivier College in Nashua www.rivier.edu has two and four year nursing degrees.

Dartmouth College in Hanover www.dartmouth.edu has a medical school and is one of the top universities in the country, why not give it a shot!

JasonM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 02:04:35 am »

The Univ. of New Hampshire in Durham www.unh.edu does not have a pre-med major or minor but does have a non-binding program. You major in biology, zoology or microbiology.

Dartmouth College in Hanover www.dartmouth.edu has a medical school and is one of the top universities in the country, why not give it a shot!

Somehow I very much doubt I'd be able to get into Dartmouth, if I could though, I'd go in an instant.  I'll apply there just in the 1 in a million chance, but there's really no way I'll get in.  I need to find a college with a pre-med program in NH...

adam86

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 04:40:24 pm »

http://www.visitnhcolleges.org

This is probably a good starting point.

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 05:19:54 pm »

Are there any colleges in New Hampshire that award Master's Degrees in philosophy?
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004, 05:38:19 pm »

Not that I have found. Dartmouth has an undergrad degree, as do a few others. None have a graduate degree of any sort in philosophy, though that probably has to do with lack of endowments in that area...
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2004, 05:42:35 pm »

Not that I have found. Dartmouth has an undergrad degree, as do a few others. None have a graduate degree of any sort in philosophy, though that probably has to do with lack of endowments in that area...

I'm not looking for a PhD, just a Master's. I guess if I had to I could live in Nashua and commute to Boston.
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2004, 05:44:36 pm »

Somehow I very much doubt I'd be able to get into Dartmouth, if I could though, I'd go in an instant.  I'll apply there just in the 1 in a million chance, but there's really no way I'll get in.  I need to find a college with a pre-med program in NH...

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nss/nav/pages/advice/%2705%20Premed.html

I've known a number of pre-meds and medical students at Dartmouth, and believe me, they are not academic superstars. I've had fun at the local brewpub, doing a Good Will Hunting sorta thing, embarrassing the hell out of various dartmouth pre-med students in biology and chemistry with questions they had no clue about, and were absolutely positive I didn't know I was talking about... till they checked their books and came back to the bar to apologize...
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up