Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Cheyenne Law  (Read 5348 times)

guy777

• I'm a llama!
A Cheyenne Law
« on: July 09, 2003, 08:56:53 am »

Montel Williams had a show on ridiculous laws and he mentioned a law in Cheyenne, Wyoming, stating it was illegal to shower on Wednesdays.

Karl

Re:A Cheyenne Law
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 09:23:50 am »

Montel Williams had a show on ridiculous laws and he mentioned a law in Cheyenne, Wyoming, stating it was illegal to shower on Wednesdays.

He probably pulled the information from one of numerous web sites on the subject such as dumblaws.com, that make no effort to verify the authenticity of many laws.  Indeed, I can find no evidence that this particular law is true.  Its not on the books in the Cheyenne Municipal Code.  If it was ever true, it may have come from some temporary order 20 years ago during a particularly bad drought.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 09:24:16 am by Karl Beisel »

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 01:48:55 pm »

He probably pulled the information from one of numerous web sites on the subject such as dumblaws.com, that make no effort to verify the authenticity of many laws.  

Right, this has already been covered in another thread.  In that thread, all of the 'Dumb laws' for all of the states very listed.

MajesticLeo

• FSP Participant
  • Am neither Dahlai nor Lama
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 07:23:26 pm »

Actually he was reading if from a book some guy had just published, but there was no effort that I could see to verify the laws used.
I'm off to be the Wizard!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything