Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ND, ME, and NH Senators vote for pork -- and lose!  (Read 4025 times)

Eric

• FSP Participant
  • Cog in Military/Industrial Complex
ND, ME, and NH Senators vote for pork -- and lose!
« on: June 10, 2003, 05:42:57 pm »

From http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/06062003/news/32473.htm

Speaking as someone familiar with military operations, the Base Realignment And Closure (BRAC) process has got every politician ducking for cover.  The cry being raised here will be the same we hear when state budgets start getting slashed.  What do we do when the outrage hits the fan?

eric

Karl

Re:ND, ME, and NH Senators vote for pork -- and lose!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 06:37:13 pm »

For the sake of fairness, it should be pointed out that all the Senators from WY, MT, SD and AK also voted for the measure.  Only ID, DE and VT voted against.

http://capwiz.com/c-span/issues/votes/?votenum=205&chamber=S&congress=1081

Eric

• FSP Participant
  • Cog in Military/Industrial Complex
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 07:10:14 pm »

...Thus proving my own gut instinct that folks other than me should be doing reasearch!  ;)

This vote seems to be a telling indicator of which states have a greater dependency on fedgov stimulation of their economies.  If the Senators from ID, DE, and VT feel comfortable with these votes they must believe that their constitutents wouldn't be harmed by the loss.  That is a good sign.

Are there even any non-National Guard bases in VT?

eric

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 11:51:04 pm »

...Thus proving my own gut instinct that folks other than me should be doing reasearch!  ;)

This vote seems to be a telling indicator of which states have a greater dependency on fedgov stimulation of their economies.  If the Senators from ID, DE, and VT feel comfortable with these votes they must believe that their constitutents wouldn't be harmed by the loss.  That is a good sign.

Are there even any non-National Guard bases in VT?

eric

They have a nice Coast Gaurd station in Burlington.  They even took my brother out of one of their boats when he was a kid (they do not do much).
Pages: [1]   Go Up