Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11-year old suspended for cartwheels  (Read 4302 times)

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
11-year old suspended for cartwheels
« on: November 12, 2004, 01:57:32 pm »

Unbelievable.

11-Year-Old Girl Suspended For 'Dangerous' Cartwheels At School

An 11-year-old girl in West Covina, Calif., was suspended from her school from doing "dangerous" cartwheels and hand stands during lunch time, according to a Local 6 News report.

Deirdre Faegre, who is a Student of the Month at San Jose-Edison Academy in West Covina was dismissed from the school this week after school authorities warned her for the last time to stop doing gymnastic stunts during lunchtime.

Administrators at the school said they were concerned about safety of their students.

They said gymnastics on the playground creates an unsafe situation.

"I thought they were absolutely weird, because I see other kids playing baseball and soccer and I think that's more dangerous than gymnastics," Faegre said.

Deirdre's parents are giving the school's actions a failing grade. The family says they'll continue to stand by their daughter.

"I don't think they care about the children at all," father Leland Faegre said. "What sort of a parent or administrator would ever enforce a rule that would proscribe a child from using her arms and her legs? We have got to fix this mess because we have to let children be children."

Her parents said they will home school Deirdre until they find a more "reasonable" school.

Calls to school administrators went unanswered.

http://www.local6.com/news/3913357/detail.html
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything