Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes you smile?  (Read 7440 times)

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
What makes you smile?
« on: October 02, 2002, 11:15:11 am »

Just a little bit of light conversation here!

What makes you smile?

1) Every morning when I drop off my youngest daughter at school she wont go in with her class until I drive by her on the way out of the parking lot with the window down and wave to her.  She just stands there waiting for me to pass by on my way out, waving to me.  Every day.

2) Good, civil debates of all kinds.

3) Purchasing my first (hopefully of many) 1 ounce .999 fine gold coin today and thinking, "These are going to help me when I get to the free state".

4) The FSP.

Okay, there's my list just off the top of my head.  How about you?

Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
Re:What makes you smile?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 11:33:25 am »

1) My wife and children.
2) Firing any pistol above .40 caliber.
3) Old Bob Newhart comedy.
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 11:34:50 am »

The thing that makes me smile is waking up in the morning knowing that each day takes me one step closer to freedom and that the Free State Project is the just next big adventure in a troubled time.

GANDALF
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

Mega Joule

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 02:11:29 pm »

Just a little bit of light conversation here!

What makes you smile?

1.  My kids and grandkids
2.  Exploring in nature
3.  Reading a great novel
4.  Gardening
5.  Teaching
6.  Good coffee in the morning
7.  Fishing
8.  Shooting anything (rifles, pistols, arrows)

Meg
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

glen

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 07:40:57 pm »

This is a picture of the Frank Church Wilderness in central Idaho taken from Horse Creek Pass at 7000 feet elevation. Living in the rocky mountain west is not about recreational opportunities. It is about freedom in dimensions other than the political, the economic or the social. It is about the freedom of movement through vast and untamable spaces. It is about the freedom found only in being completely alone: there is no one around to make demands on you and no need to justify yourself to anyone for any reason. It is the freedom to grow your spirit as big as your vision will allow. And it is the freedom to not only think outside the box but to think without reference to the box at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 10:49:11 pm by glen »

Jade

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2002, 09:12:20 pm »

1. My husband.
2. Our children.
3. Being able to teach my children.
4. Quiet time after the children are asleep.

Mega Joule

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 02:56:59 am »

This is a picture of the Frank Church Wilderness in central Idaho taken from Horse Creek Pass at 7000 feet elevation. Living in the rocky mountain west is not about recreational opportunities. It is about freedom in dimensions other than the political, the economic or the social. It is about the freedom of movement through vast and untamable spaces. It is about the freedom found only in being completely alone: there is no one around to make demands on you and no need to justify yourself to anyone for any reason. It is the freedom to grow your spirit as big as your vision will allow. And it is the freedom to not only think outside the box but to think without reference to the box at all.

WOW!   ;D ;D
Now that made me smile too.  
Thank you soooo much for the view.

Meg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2002, 02:24:51 pm by Mega Joule »
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

Ceol Mhor

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2002, 12:15:07 am »

Jeez, thanks a lot, Glen. How am I supposed to be able to tolerate school in the midwest when you go around posting pictures like that?  :'(

;) On a more serious note, seeing landscapes like that help me keep my priorities straight.

Mega Joule

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2002, 04:47:58 am »

Geez Glen,

Everytime I come back to this board and sit lookin' at that scene, I want to start packin'.

Meg

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2002, 09:05:53 am »

Very nice picture.  Kind of reminds me of when I lived in the mountains of Virginia.
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2002, 12:38:39 pm »

That's it.  I can't stand life in the city.  I an moving to that mountain, and no other place... well, okay I guess I will have to move somewhere else, but I don't WANT to,

Gandalf (Mithrandir)
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

5pectre

• FSP Participant
  • terrorism is the symptom not the disease -1.5/-7.7
    • home
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2002, 08:42:02 pm »

1. Learning / solving problems.
2. Helping people / volunteering
3. Achieving a goal.
4. Looking at / being in nature (http://www.stmh.org.uk/gallery)
5. Talking with friends / having a good debate/discussion
6. Listening to good music / Playing guitar
7. Using drugs.

that's an awesome pic by the way :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up