Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Active Activist Army  (Read 16445 times)

atr

• FSP Participant
The Active Activist Army
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:48:36 pm »

The FSP has launched the Active Activist Army (AAA), its biggest recruiting effort to date. A corps of FSP leaders has stepped up to form the Hit-20 team, aimed to revitalize our member growth to make the FSP 20,000 strong and begin the migration for liberty. Several thousand e-mails have been sent by FSP VP Evan Nappen to FSP Participants and supporters, challenging them to recruit three new Participants each by April 19, the 230th anniversary of "the shot heard around the world" that began the American Revolutionary War. Supporters and Participants who sign up three or more new participants will receive the Golden Porcupine award, prizes from the Hit-20 team, and most importantly the honor of bringing us closer to a Free State. The Hit-20 team will provide strategies, materials, and guidance to all those accepting the challenge. If you have not yet signed up for the Active Activist Army, please do so now. Thank you for your help working for Liberty in our Lifetime!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 05:01:50 pm by atr »

bookish_lass

Re: The Active Activist Army
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:04:15 am »

How many people have signed up?

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 12:25:38 pm »

How many people have signed up?

I am not part of the Hit-20 team, so you/I should defer to one of them for a precise count. However, my understanding is that approximately 100 people have signed up for the AAA thus far.

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 05:02:14 pm »

April 19, the 230th anniversary of "the shot heard around the world" at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

April 19th

"The shot heard around the world" was at the Battle of Concord & Lexington.  Patriots' Day in Massachusetts.  The Battle of Bunker hill was on June 17.

Thanks for the correction!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 12:57:01 am »

Just signed up.  I'm hoping one of the AAA's "assignments" will be to call local radio stations and ask them to add Free Talk Live!

;D
Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

bookish_lass

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 05:25:46 am »

Ian, has anyone told you that you have a one-track mind?   :P

Oh well, I count 6 people you've signed up, so I guess persistence works.

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 09:26:48 am »

Manwich wants to be the next Golden Porc... he just got two verbal commitments yesterday.   ;D

Ian

bookish_lass

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 08:42:18 am »

So what's happening with this?

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 12:41:57 pm »

Bookish,

I assume you are addressing my last post:

He has yet to follow up with them.  Not that I'm making excuses for him, but in the past two weeks he's left town to:

1.  Visit his father who has terminal cancer.
2.  Go on a honeymoon.

I know for a fact that it's one of his goals to follow up with them this week.

bookish_lass

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 02:48:28 pm »

No, I meant the activist army.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 02:03:29 pm »

Is there some information about the AAA that I'm just missing on the website?  It's not featured prominently on the front page--in fact, as far as I can tell, it isn't even an item on any of the drop-down menus. 

Truthfully, I don't really care where this thing lands, but it seems a bit strange not to have a page for this supposedly important component of the FSP--maybe even listing assignments as they go out.  Why the silence?
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 05:43:51 pm »

Is there some information about the AAA that I'm just missing on the website?  It's not featured prominently on the front page--in fact, as far as I can tell, it isn't even an item on any of the drop-down menus. 

Truthfully, I don't really care where this thing lands, but it seems a bit strange not to have a page for this supposedly important component of the FSP--maybe even listing assignments as they go out.  Why the silence?

That's correct.  Please don't confuse the AAA with general outreach (which is why it's not listed)...

We're trying a different approach, and building a curriculum/lesson plan.  Tracking Results (rather than just open 'everyone join in') is the goal here.  Once our initial attempt at this is over (April 19th), we'll most likely publish the whole set of 'assignments' more publically, and try again, with many changes based on what we learned from the first batch and feedback.   It's not meant to be 'public', so not linked to at this time.

Believe me, the AAA is far from wide spread... we've got a good sampling of members, but not nearly enough of our participants joined this first version.   The goal of this iteration is to learn what works, what doesn't, and then refine, and try again with a larger group.  For example, one idea is that new signups will invited to join the AAA once they sign up, and get  "lessons" we've vetted and tested well, geared to get them to speed quicker.

The sheer fact that we had poor turnout for even signing up, let alone doing the items as asked, is a factor in how we're moving forward with this.  We're being very concrete in both expectations and in goals.

Detroiter

• I take my llama shooting!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 05:51:43 pm »

There is a link on the main page from "The great FSP recruiting push of 2005" link under "Latest News".  I just took another look at it to refresh my memory...it says a tiny bit about each person signing up 3 new FSP members, then gives an opportunity to accept the challenge.  Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'd like a bit more detail about what the challenge is before accepting it.

Maybe I'm getting overly skeptical, but I could envision the next screen announcing "Congratulations- you've just agreed to sign up 3 new members in the next few weeks or pay a $500 non-performance fee.  We figured the financial incentive would help motivate you slackers...now get out there and sell the FSP!"  I, uhm, declined to click on thru.
Activism on the 90% gap between freedom & today's reality, not endless debate about the 10% we disagree on, will  make or break the endeavor to restore freedom.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 07:25:39 pm »

I can see the point in sitting on the details; but we've got to have a more prominent notice that the AAA even exists.  How were/are people supposed to even find out about it?  That little link several items down the news section ain't going to cut it.

Again, I see your point--but it seems a bit strange to judge the success of an effort (including initial response to it) without promoting it even as much as we might promote other efforts.  (The Activist Activator has a more prominent place.) 

For what it's worth, I second Detroiter's comments; I signed up very reluctantly because there was so little information.

[Edit: Just trying to give some constructive criticism.]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 07:28:42 pm by kater »
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 10:21:13 pm »

I can see the point in sitting on the details; but we've got to have a more prominent notice that the AAA even exists.  How were/are people supposed to even find out about it?  That little link several items down the news section ain't going to cut it.

I was actually against posting the link to it at all.  I wanted to judge results based solely on our initial email "challenge".

Again, I see your point--but it seems a bit strange to judge the success of an effort (including initial response to it) without promoting it even as much as we might promote other efforts.

We sent out an email to everyone (and I mean everyone, FSPers, friends, people we had email permission for, etc).  I know for a fact that at least 2000 people opened it and read it...  Out of that number, a far smaller number followed thru. 

In hindsight, that was a _good_ thing, since the smaller group has made it possible to experiment more, and not worry as much about sending something untested to a huge group.  It also taught us an important factoid: we can send out an single email asking people to do 'something' like a challenge to help recruit, and see the real world numbers who will reply to it when it requires taking action and making a commitment to help.  Yes, results will be higher when we put more effort into it, that's a given...

[Edit: Just trying to give some constructive criticism.]
Understood.  I guess the answer is "Yes, we know it's sorta hidden away, unpromoted, and even a bit mysteriously, on the website... that's by intention at this point.  It's a beta program.  And we're still evaluating the beta, to decide where it should go."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything