Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an apartment  (Read 5953 times)

Aderiaj

Looking for an apartment
« on: January 09, 2005, 10:05:07 pm »

hello

Im a married woman looking for a one ot two bedroom aptment in NH
recently married 1/5/05

if anyone knows anything please let me know
thank you kindly

lloydbob1

Re: Looking for an apartment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:27:12 pm »

Have you thought about where in New Hampshire you want to live?

Aderiaj

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:32:22 pm »

no i haven't

but if i could pick a place i don't want it to be too country or too city
and definantly not the slums
i will pay top dollar to stay out of the ghetto

evedward

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 08:17:32 am »

Hello, there!  Just got back from my third trip to New Hampshire where I bought property in Hillsboro.  Hillsboro is northeast of Keene and southwest of Concord - very centrally located.  On Bridge Street, a road that slopes downward steeply, there is a building called the Bear Hill Apartments, just opposite this little laundromat.  The building had a banner advertising the number to call for information: (603) 643-3881.  Hillsboro, in my opinion - (although I might be a tad biased) - fits your criteria exactly.  There is a Shaw's Supermarket, the Sylvania Company, which employs 900 people, and quite a few shopping centers.  The locals told me how Hillsboro has changed over the years, which kinds of makes me laugh, because despite the recent development, this is a town that still has quite a lot of 'elbow room', if you know what I mean.  No traffic jams, even in summer.   Route 9, I think, is the bypass that takes you to Keene or Concord without passing through the little hamlets.  The town hall and library of Hillsboro share the same building.  There is a Bank of New Hampshire and a Sovereign Bank.  Oh, yes, a Wal-Mart is slated to come soon. Good driving out there. I understand that New Hampshire hits the roads right away with salt and sand the moment it starts snowing (nothing like New York service!)  They don't fool around....  It's a neat little place, Hillsboro, and you're not far from horse country, either. Hillsboro has one B&B, The Stonewall Farm, and a clean, affordable motel called the 1830 Motel House.  Just passing on some information.  Hope this helps you.... :)

bookish_lass

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 08:39:03 am »

I haven't seen any ghettos in NH :)

There are some apartments down the street from me that look nice.

The Pines

Pines At Keene
Address:      317 Maple Ave # 3, Keene, NH 03431
Phone:   (603) 352-3300

It's a nice neighborhood, and I think Keene is a wonderful place to live!

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 09:13:20 am »

It's a nice neighborhood, and I think Keene is a wonderful place to live!

And Keene is *very* family friendly and populated with Porc Families already!  Kat and fam are here, Dawn and fam are here, Shelly and fam are here, we're here, Justin and fam, and so on and so forth.  And there are lots of nice places to live here, too.  Come visit sometime.  Super 8 is cheap or, if my wife and I are both home, you'd be welcome to stay with us.  We keep the heat on ;)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 02:58:37 pm »

Just be forwarned that if you move to Keene and want to build a drive way that doubles as a runway for fighter jets, you are not allowed to. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Friday

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 10:09:08 pm »

I haven't seen any ghettos in NH :)

Try Manchester   :P

fisher, which neighborhoods/apartment complexes in Manchester are you referring to?

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 06:58:34 am »

We have been here since summer and are happy in the mill district. The apartments that I have seen that I wouldn't go near seem to be managed by Red Oak Management. Maybe they have some decent stuff that I am not aware of. The building we are in is managed by CP Management. I am very pleased with them. The only criticism I can make is that the building is overheated and I must open the door to breathe sometime.

Cathleen

Friday

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 04:39:42 pm »

Cathleen, does CP stand for Construction Planning and Management?  I have been looking at the listings on Rent.net and reading the reviews on www.apartmentratings.com , but it's very hard to know who to believe. Some people are whiners (hate children, hate poor people, hate immigrants, hate dogs, hate EVERYBODY  :P ) and some appear to be liars. Any other specific recommendations and/or warnings would be much appreciated.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 06:09:14 pm »

Cathleen, does CP stand for Construction Planning and Management?  I have been looking at the listings on Rent.net and reading the reviews on www.apartmentratings.com , but it's very hard to know who to believe. Some people are whiners (hate children, hate poor people, hate immigrants, hate dogs, hate EVERYBODY  :P ) and some appear to be liars. Any other specific recommendations and/or warnings would be much appreciated.

I felt the same way reading the ratings. I didn't really get comfortable until I had seen 5 or 6 apartments. And it is just a feeling that I trust. I don't think it is something you can just list like amenities or restrictions. It is the way they show you the apartment, the people you see around, the atmosphere. What I really noticed( and maybe I didn't see enough to know for sure) was the jump in quality from $700 to $800 per month. It improves dramatically and I thought the few extra dollars were well worth it. I know that there are many more choices if you can go over $1000 a month.

CPManagement
3 Mound Court
Merrimack, NH 03054
603-424-1700

Some of the fine print on our lease agreement is a bit restrictive, things I felt I could live with. Overall, I am very pleased with my apartment and the management.

Cathleen

Aderiaj

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 08:27:11 pm »

No im not on section 8 or anything
Im just a hard working computer technician 
My husband is a technician as well
hook us up with an apartment and I will fix your computer for free
for a year. ;D

lol
joking

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 01:13:34 am »

I have really enjoyed living in Manchester.  It's a fine city, very convenient and attractive.  I haven't seen any part of town that I would classify as "ghetto," and coming from Baltimore I know a ghetto when I see one.  I'll be moving pretty soon, so I can take a job I've obtained elsewhere in the state, but I'm going to hate leaving this town.

Watch out Keene: with the newcomers coming in from Alaska, Manchester will be overtaking Keene as the center of pro-liberty activists in the state.  And we've got more coming in pretty soon, including Friday in May.  MWAHAHA!
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."

bookish_lass

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 04:48:34 am »

Humph...we have another one incoming at the end of February.  We're more fun, anyway ;)

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 11:46:47 pm »

Just be forwarned that if you move to Keene and want to build a drive way that doubles as a runway for fighter jets, you are not allowed to. ;D

RFLMAO!  ;D

Manchester will NEVER compare to the power of the Elm City. The LIBERTY Elm city! Keene ruuuuuulessssssss!!! ;)

JM
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 11:49:58 pm by jgmaynard »
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up