Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2004 Business Tax Climate Index  (Read 3026 times)

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
2004 Business Tax Climate Index
« on: October 14, 2004, 05:32:59 pm »

:) I just read the latest Business Tax Climate Index report from the Tax Foundation http://www.taxfoundation.org/sbtci.html#table. One more reason to expedite our move to NH: New Hampshire has moved up to No. 5 from No. 6 in the rankings behind SD, FL, AK and TX.  NV dropped from No. 2 all the way to No. 6 and AK moved up from No. 5 to No. 3.  SD is No. 1 again but too remote for my purposes.  Hawaii, where we are currently struggling with our business, is No. 50...50!!  :o

We had hoped to move this year but things just didn't work out.  We found ourselves in a "Catch 22" situation. Because of our residence being so far away, we were unable to secure financing on the investment properties we found so we will have to establish residence in NH before we can get the financing we need.  Unfortunately, that means giving up our current verifiable source of income which will disqualify us from borrowing the money we need to get started.

It looks like Laura will have to be the pioneer and go back to NH again this spring, find a multi-unit property to buy as a residence and income producer while I remain employed in Hawaii so we can qualify for the loans :'(
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

SBottari

• FSP Participant
Re:2004 Business Tax Climate Index
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:59:05 pm »

That's rough, look - I live in the state third from the last.  Then again, the cities and especially Duluth are very left.   I don't want to start a business here.
"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly, flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
   -The Chicago Times review of After Lincoln's Gettysburg Address

Equality 7-2521

• FSP Member
  • Global Moderator
  • $$$$ Saving up for moving day $$$$
Re:2004 Business Tax Climate Index
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:33:47 pm »

That's for sure.  Stay out of Duluth.  Bunch of commies there for sure.  

No..I don't miss it.  Though I'd rather be in NH, at least I've improved my location, a little...

That's rough, look - I live in the state third from the last.  Then again, the cities and especially Duluth are very left.   I don't want to start a business here.
"Taxes are the way people join hands to get good things done. That's the tradition of Minnesota." - Former MN Gov. Elmer L. Andersen

See Why I'm ready to move?
Pages: [1]   Go Up