Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeschooling class  (Read 4704 times)

bookish_lass

Homeschooling class
« on: August 28, 2004, 09:30:59 am »

For anyone new to homeschool, or thinking about beginning, this might be a good class.  It's offered free through Barnes and Noble.

Homeschooling your children

blaked

• Fellow llama
Re:Homeschooling class
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 09:37:34 am »

Are there any private standardized tests available for homeschoolers so that parents can insure that their kids can get into elite prep schools/universities?  I mean, the SAT and SSAT are pretty limited.

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 10:18:45 pm »

For anyone new to homeschool, or thinking about beginning, this might be a good class.

The books to be used are written by Linda Dobson who I really admire. She spoke at a homeschooling conference in CT a few years ago and is very down to earth and leans towards the unshcooling side of homeschooling. I imagine that the class would be awesome, based upon her books.

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 10:21:20 pm »

Are there any private standardized tests available for homeschoolers so that parents can insure that their kids can get into elite prep schools/universities?  I mean, the SAT and SSAT are pretty limited.

Private tests? Hmm, can't think of any, not that I've looked into it. I would suggest checking with the universities that you're interested in as to what their entrance requirements are if it's important to your child to get into a certain school. Every school is different and may require different tests. For example, I know that some schools want homeschoolers to take some SAT II tests, which I believe are on specific subject matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything