Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alan R. Weiss Welcomes Evan Nappan as Vice President  (Read 8003 times)

alanrweiss78726

• Organizer
  • FSP Participant
  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender
    • Synchromesh Computing
Alan R. Weiss Welcomes Evan Nappan as Vice President
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:20:51 pm »

http://www.freestateproject.org/

August 9, 2004
» Alan R. Weiss has had to step down as FSP Vice President for family and personal reasons. We thank him for his long service and appreciate his staying on as an Organizer. The new FSP Vice President is Evan Nappen of New Jersey. Here's the full list of FSP personnel.

I wanted folks to know the REASONS I stepped down as FSP Vice President.   The following is the truth - and it has NOTHING to do with the FSP, really.  I am still around, still an Organizer, still a big booster and fan, still active.

I have two businesses, both of which are going great guns (pardon the expression) and are taking an increasing amount of my time.   I have an obligation to my employees, a MORAL one, to make sure things are taken care of and payroll is met.  Unlike many "capitalists" (a term I don't particularly use nor like -- I prefer free marketeer) I have a very balanced view of business, and KNOW that loyalty from my staff requires that I show THEM loyalty, too.   My customers are also demanding more of my time, and I owe them my best work.

My wife, Jane, has put her foot down and wants me to spend ANOTHER 20 years of wedded bliss with her (I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with her).  She observed, quite correctly, that the FSP and my other activities (Libertarian Party, Badnarik for President campaign, various charities, etc.) have taken me away from her.  I am grateful she wants to spend more time with me - and I will.   Being VP of the FSP was taking a huge amount of my time.  Others who don't have my obligations can step up and do it.  The Free State Project is so fortunate to have the kind of depth of talent we only dream about in other organizations.  Evan Nappan will do a great job.

My 85 year old mother in law, whom I have supported for a very long time, is in failing health and Alzheimer's is taking its toll.  Since I don't believe in burdening others with our family's obligations (i.e. welfare, medicare, etc.) we as a family need to take care of her.

I have three very active teenage kids (19, 17, and 15) and they need their father these days to be around more.  I love them all and while they're great kids, they deserve a full-time Dad.

So now you know the truth, and as you can see I am a very busy fellow who takes his obligations and responsibilities seriously.  I did so as VP of the FSP, taking over for the amazing Doug Hillman.  Now Evan Nappan is taking over for me.  Meanwhile, we're ALL still here, including Amanda Phillips, our hard-working President, and Jason Sorens, our Chair and Founder.

The Free State Project is the most significant liberty movement of this new century, and continues to draw the best and the brightest to the cause of liberty in our lifetime.  I am honored to be involved!

Alan R. Weiss
Former Vice President, back to
Organizer
Free State Project
Alan R. Weiss, Chairman and CEO
EEMBC Certification Laboratories and Synchromesh Computing
6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750  USA
Voice:  512-219-0302   Fax:  512-219-0402  Mobile:  512-845-1305
email:  alan@synchromeshcomputing.com
or aweiss@austin.rr.com

lloydbob1

Re:Alan R. Weiss Welcomes Evan Nappan as Vice President
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 07:31:18 am »

Thanks Alan, for your work in the FSP, past and future and good luck with you obligations.
And, welcome to you Evan.
Lloyd
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 07:32:48 am by Lloyd Danforth (lloydbob1) »

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 11:50:12 am »

Thanks, Alan, for everything. I'm so glad you'll still be around to help us. I'm glad you're on our side!
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 01:40:03 pm »

Thank you, Alan. You're a heck of an activist, and a person. We look for ward to one day working with you in the Free State.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

alanrweiss78726

• Organizer
  • FSP Participant
    • Synchromesh Computing
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:47:32 pm »

Thanks Alan, for your work in the FSP, past and future and good luck with you obligations.
And, welcome to you Evan.
Lloyd

Thank you, Lloyd.

Alan
or aweiss@austin.rr.com

alanrweiss78726

• Organizer
  • FSP Participant
    • Synchromesh Computing
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 02:49:37 pm »

Thank you, Alan. You're a heck of an activist, and a person. We look for ward to one day working with you in the Free State.

JM

Thank you very much, Jim.  You're a great activist and patriot yourself.

You've heard the saying, "next year in Jerusalem?"  Well, you couldn't *pay* me to want to go there ... but hear Keene is really heating up   ;D

yr. ob. srv,

Alan
or aweiss@austin.rr.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up