Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porc Fest 2005  (Read 5693 times)

Michael Edelstein

• Friend of the FSP
  • "Liberty means freedom from government"--von Mises
    • Three Minute Therapy: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
Porc Fest 2005
« on: July 29, 2004, 06:25:49 am »

Varrin,

My schedule is filling up for next summer and I wish to keep a few days open for the Porc Fest.

Do you have any tentative dates for the festivities?

Thanks.
Michael R. Edelstein
San Francisco
(415) 673-2848
DrEdelstein@ThreeMinuteTherapy.com
www.ThreeMinuteTherapy.com

"Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice"
--William Lloyd Garrison

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Re:Porc Fest 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 03:06:20 pm »

Yup,

Saturday July 23rd through Sunday July 31.  The big FSP activities (scheduled stuff) will be July 29-31.  The week between the weekends would be 'niche' activities and I'm hoping the first weekend will have some sort of conventionesque type of thing (but wouldn't be put on by the FSP).

More news to come...

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 11:08:36 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh sorry just that next July seems so far away. Well I will be making some trips to NH in the meen time. Maybe we should have a freeze your ass off winter fest? ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

bookish_lass

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 06:16:09 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh sorry just that next July seems so far away. Well I will be making some trips to NH in the meen time. Maybe we should have a freeze your ass off winter fest? ;D

The Monadnock group is contemplating hosting a leaf-peeping event this fall...if that sounds more appealing than freezing your touchie off.

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 01:21:22 pm »

Reposted from another thread, due to cross-relevance:

The whole 'liberty week' will start on a Saturday (could be Friday, but Saturday allows for travel time) and run through the following Sunday.  The FSP will *not* be coordinating, endorsing, sanctioning, or otherwise facilitating events on the first weekend.  It's simply there as a place marker for other liberty-friendly organizations to schedule things.  It would be the time when, for example, we would *hope* the NHLA might schedule a dinner, maybe some other liberty friendly organization would have a 'convention' or something along those lines.

Sorry, Varrin, but as the Liberty Dinner coordinator I'm 90% certain we'll be holding the Liberty Dinner the second weekend.  The reason why is that I don't believe that the first weekend will be as well-attended as the second.  

Nine days is a bit long, in my sincere opinion.  How many out there would be willing to spend nine days in a tent?  How many could afford the $225 camping fee?  How many will bring enough supplies and clothes for nine days?  How many could afford to take off of work for that extended period?

I'm working for the NHLA on this one, and I have to do what is best for that organization.  That means doing whatever I can to boost attendance.  I don't see any way around the likelihood that people will look at a nine-day Porc Fest, with the "official" FSP events all on the second weekend, and simply say,"Oh, I'll head up on Wednesday or Thursday."

If two hundred people can allay this concern somehow, I'm happy to reconsider.  Until I can be reassured that as many FSPers will be present for the first weekend as for the second, I'm going to plan for the second.

For the record, I've already offered to hold the Liberty Dinner in Lancaster next year, two minutes from Roger's, if we are given the Saturday night slot.  As Saturday night this year was occupied by a hastily-thrown together meal and a poorly-attended dance (no slight intended towards anyone here), I don't see why the Liberty Dinner shouldn't just be the dinner on Saturday.  

If we are forced (again) to hold the dinner on Friday night, we will likely have to have it in Plymouth or even Concord or Manchester.  This is due to the fact that native NHer's will have to drive to the event after work, and simple density dictates that to be within an hour of most people we'll have tocome to them.  This isn't so much a concern on Saturday night.  
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 01:34:04 pm by Keith Murphy »
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 04:58:07 pm »

"The Monadnock group is contemplating hosting a leaf-peeping event this fall...if that sounds more appealing than freezing your touchie off"

Sounds great to me. Now are these leaf's dangerous being that you have to peep at them? Are they safe to approach unarmed?Will you protect me if one turns violent? ;D

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

bookish_lass

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 05:00:40 pm »

Sounds great to me. Now are these leaf's dangerous being that you have to peep at them? Are they safe to approach unarmed?Will you protect me if one turns violent? ;D

Sure thing!  I'll bring my gun in case one of those thangs just wont leaf you alone :)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 05:06:38 pm »

Thank you knowing I will be protected is a great re-leaf.

Michael Edelstein

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 08:57:20 pm »

Saturday July 23rd through Sunday July 31.  The big FSP activities (scheduled stuff) will be July 29-31. /quote]

Varrin,

Will it be held at Rogers?

If so, are you planning another Mt. Liberty hike? (I hope so, since the first one was such a great success!)
Michael R. Edelstein
San Francisco
(415) 673-2848

--William Lloyd Garrison

Michael Edelstein

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 06:33:50 am »

Saturday July 23rd through Sunday July 31.  The big FSP activities (scheduled stuff) will be July 29-31.

Varrin,

Will it be held at Rogers?

If so, are you planning another Mt. Liberty hike? (I hope so, since the first one was such a great success!)
Michael R. Edelstein
San Francisco
(415) 673-2848

--William Lloyd Garrison

lloydbob1

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 07:25:33 am »

Whatch ya do'in Michael?

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 10:33:54 am »

Y'all,

Hi from Brussels.  I finally found a keyboard that I could make type in English... ;)

Yes, there'll be a hike this year.  The details will be ironed out later (once the schedule gets a little more settled), but plan on climbing something!

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 05:58:26 pm »

I plan on climbing the steps to my room.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything