Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Badnarik Blog discusses PorcFest  (Read 3409 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Badnarik Blog discusses PorcFest
« on: June 29, 2004, 12:01:00 am »

We've gotten a nice set of links to media coverage over at the Badnarik Blog and even the photo of Amanda and Jason.

For those who haven't checked out the blog yet, please do.

I'm on the blog team there, so if you have any sort of news worthy stuff (Badnarik related), let us know at blogsubmit@badnarik.org

And besides which, we just want you all to come visit us there...

AnonCastillo

• FSP Participant
Re:Badnarik Blog discusses PorcFest
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 12:05:54 am »

and even the photo of Amanda and Jason.

They look like two cute kids. :)
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am
"As I Am" - Dream Theater

celestialcircle

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 12:16:35 am »

heh, i was thinking the same thing

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 06:12:58 pm »

Actually, they look like brother and sister. Very similar facial structure... is there a relation?
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 07:06:21 pm »

LOL... I'll take this as a compliment. You're the second person to ask me that question. As far as I know, there's no relation.

It might just be the way we look in the picture. No one has ever accused us of looking alike until this picture hit the papers. Of course, this was only the third time that we have been in the same place at the same time. (I think.)
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 08:45:22 pm »

I just posted this comment over there in response to someone who criticized the FSP for weakening local LP organizations. This sort of response (along with the concentrating our resources argument) is the best rebuttal to use against that particular criticism, so I'm sharing it here...

Jack, I urge you to rethink your position on the FSP crippling local party organizations.

I wasn't involved with my local party *at all* before I joined the Free State Project because I didn't think my local party had any chance at being effective.

The Free State Project is what brought me back into political activism; for the first time in my life I have hope for a better political future. I can smell success, and it is enticing!

Since the FSP brought me back into political activism, I have taken on the following political activities and roles:

-- Badnarik spokesperson
-- member, LPMA State Committee
-- Free State Project President
-- member, NH Governor's Task Force for Government Efficiency
-- delegate to the national LP convention

If it weren't for the Free State Project, I wouldn't have gotten involved in *any* of these activities. Both my local party and the national party are stronger *because* the FSP brought me back into politics. There are many more just like me.

Cheers,
Amanda Phillips
President, Free State Project
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 08:58:47 pm »

Damn!
I could have written almost the exact thing!  Though not so eloquently. And, of course, I'm not involved in all that stuff you listed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 09:01:03 pm by Lloyd Danforth (lloydbob1) »

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 09:04:02 pm »

But you're involved now when you weren't as involved before, and that's the important thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up