Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help in planning a trip to New Hampshire  (Read 2175 times)

stanrozenfeld

• I'm a llama!
Need help in planning a trip to New Hampshire
« on: April 14, 2004, 05:42:09 am »

Hello, everyone!

Wife and I are planning to take a trip to New Hampshire couple of weeks for now to scout out the area and to see if New Hampshire is for us.  We'll be staying three days, and I am hoping this will be the first of several trips.  From my reading, Nashua area, Manchaster area, and the seacoast are the places that will most likely fit our lifestyle requirements.

I would like to go to Nashua area first, and then if there is time check out Manchaster and seacoast.  If we don't have time, we'll leave seacoast for the summer trip.  We're interested less in sightseeing for its own sake and more in checking the area out for possible move in the near future (hopefully).   So we want to check out the main downtown areas, some residential neighborhoods, and the availability of shopping and cultural amenities.

Any advice that you can give me to maximize my trip, will be greatly appreciated.   Also, we're bringing along our poodle, so can someone recommend a cheap but good motel in Nashua area that's pet friendly?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Stan

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
Re:Need help in planning a trip to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 06:57:13 am »

Hi Stan,
I suggest checking in with two of the NH local groups.
Seacoast Region and Merrimack Valley Region

Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 10:06:11 am »

If you get a chance, We'd love to have you swing by the Monadnock Region, as well. :)

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

stanrozenfeld

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 04:26:29 am »

Doug,

Thanks for the advice.  I will contact both groups.

jgmaynard,

Thank you very much for the invitation.  I know less about your region, but I will check it out on another trip I am planning this summer.  The only reason I focused on the other two is concentration of high-tech jobs, proximity to Boston and the seacoast.  If your region has some unique advantages over the other two, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks again!
Stan

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 08:24:56 am »

Hi Stan,

Sea Coast group reporting for duty! :D  Feel free to drop me a note.  Our monthly meetings are the third Saturday of the month, so if you are planning your trip around that time, it would be a great opportunity to meet some of the folks!

If you have specific questions re the Sea Coast, may want to sign on to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Seacoast_Porcupines/

Dave

Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything