Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 101 Reasons to Move to the Monadnock Region!  (Read 15598 times)

bookish_lass

Re:101 Reasons to Move to the Monadnock Region!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 07:50:41 pm »

90.  P.J. O'Rourke lives in Peterborough....hobnob with the rich and cantacerous.
91.  Great new karaoke bar in Winchester!  ( ;) for Dawn and Mark)

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 08:01:32 am »

Yeah!!!

4+ months later and we only have 10 to go.  We outta be able to finish this up quick!

Unfortunately my brain isn't awake yet (I'm running low on sleep...)  I'll keep thinkin though...

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

BlueLu

• MMMMMMM! Monadnock
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 10:34:00 am »

90.  P.J. O'Rourke lives in Peterborough

I wondered how they got him to do a book signing at the Toad Stool!

bookish_lass

Re: 101 Reasons to Move to the Monadnock Region!
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2005, 06:07:41 am »

92.  Freestaters won places on the budget committee and school boards in Winchester last night (3/8/05)!!  (Dawn and Bill :) )

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2005, 02:53:20 pm »

Actually, Dawn won TWO offices yesterday, so with Bill's election, and the two warrant articles we won yesterday, that means we went 5 for 5 in Tuesday's elections!

Read us 5 and 5!
Monadnock Free Staters go 5 for 5!
 ;D

JM
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 03:12:31 pm by jgmaynard »
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2005, 06:08:28 pm »

93:  The Monadnock region is now home to more FSP leaders than any area in the nation.

94:  Keene is home to NHUnderground.com

95:  Keene is the headquarters of Liberty Tree Mail - a direct mail fulfillment service for pro-liberty organizations.  Volunteering for Liberty Tree Mail is an *easy* way for early moving Porcs to actively promote liberty, get to know other pro-liberty activists, and eat free food ;)

96:  More Porcupines per capita are moving to the Keene and the surrounding towns than any other area in southern NH.  (can someone verify this statement?)

5 more .... let's hear it!

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 12:02:08 pm »

I think the seacoast is gving us a run for our activists, so to speak.... How about:

#97 The local talk radio station, WKBK now has a libertarian talk show host, and a new additional liberty-friendly talk show host as well!  ;D

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

jnoyes

• Ad Orthopraxia
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2005, 12:11:01 pm »

Ok Guys and Gals, routing for a mass immigration to Keene; I love your enthusiasm but how bout informing us of some small town liberty fine print for Keene?

---how bout telling me about the zoning, deed restrictions, and the planning committee, how much road frontage do you need to have a "so big" buildable lot",  can you subdivide?, where does the electricity come from, is it an environmentally friendly, can you choose not to tie in to the municiple grid
what are the regulations on treating ones own waste stream etc.

Thanks
Jeremy
The authority and responsibility between families, villages and states should be democratic only in the realms that must by necessity be commonly shared.  There is little need for state authority over the village, and precious few things should be the concern of the nation.

lloydbob1

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2005, 06:28:08 pm »

Its a city, figure it out yourself.  You know,   living way north where the land is cheap and the building codes scarce is fine for the independently wealthy, those who make a living with an internet connection and any who are able and willing to live off of the land, but, some people have to work where they can make a living.  Also, some like to live where there is some culture and access to shopping, theaters and the state capitol where much of the political stuff will take place.  Plus, at this time, most Porcs live in southern NH and it is convenient to get together for activism and partying. In fact, I can't figure how anyone could be an activist living as far north as Lancaster, even though I like that area.
I understand that a professionally designed septic system is a statewide requirement for every dwelling.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

anything