Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new people in the FSP leadership!  (Read 5357 times)

Amanda

• former FSP President
new people in the FSP leadership!
« on: March 11, 2004, 10:18:54 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that we have filled some key positions within the FSP organization. Please join me in welcoming the following people:

Seth Atwood has joined us as Publicity Director. Although born and raised in Illinois, Seth has lived in the West most of his adult life. Raised in a libertarian family, with roots going back to 18th century New Hampshire, embracing the FSP's goals was not difficult. Currently residing in southern Nevada with his wife, Connie, they plan to begin house hunting in NH this summer. Three adult children will follow later. In college, Seth was news editor for the daily newspaper, and more recently was involved with several internet publishing ventures. As a venture capitalist for many years, investing in a variety of companies from small airlines and high tech to hybrid food seeds and a hot spring resort, he enjoyed meeting entrepreneurs from around the country. Seth has been a volunteer fireman and emergency medical technician. He also served on the boards of a small community hospital and a private school.

Tim Condon joins us once again as Director of Member Services. Tim is a practicing attorney in Tampa, Florida where he lives with his wife Michele. He holds undergraduate degrees in journalism and accounting, as well as a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida. A four-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Tim volunteered for and served two tours in South Vietnam between 1968 and 1970. In 1972, 1976, and 1980 he was a Presidential elector in Florida for the Libertarian Party. A former contributing editor and "taxes" columnist for Reason magazine, he served as the Western Director for the National Taxpayers Union in the wake of the Proposition 13 tax rebellion in California. Today he is a registered Republican, member of the Republican Liberty Caucus, and enthusiastic contributor to the Club for Growth.

And Karen Pratt has joined us as Treasurer. Karen and her husband Cal are early movers, having left New Jersey with three cats and five ferrets in December. Since then, they've been working to develop a support network for Free Staters, helping arrange itineraries for those visiting the state, and holding meet and greets for new residents. Prior to relocating, Karen had 23 years experience as a manager with a major Financial Services firm. Special areas of interest are alternatives in education and child welfare. Karen is an active volunteer for private agencies working in these areas.

Please join me in welcoming Seth, Tim, and Karen to their new positions. We are lucky to have them on board!
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:new people in the FSP leadership!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 10:53:06 pm »

Seth is/was a vulture capitalist?  That's great!  Hey, could you throw a few million this way?  We're trying to start a high-tech company.  My last 3 businesses failed, so you can be assured that I will lose EVERY last penny of your investment!  ;D

Seriously, though, you are a great choice for a publicity director!  VCs know exactly how a business works.  They know that a business must have a plan and that it must communicate and execute the plan.  They know that every business has very specific markets, distribution channels, and marketing strategies.  You are exactly what we need in a publicity director.

Tim is an excellent part of the team!  (Tim, I didn't really mean any of those bad things I said about Republicans.)  ;)

Karen, it is great to have you on board!  We've needed more people in the leadership focused on education and I'm sure you will make a great Treasurer given your extensive financial skills and experience.  :)

Wow!  We are gaining some tremendous talent here!  Did we hit the jackpot or what?!

THANK YOU to all three of you for accepting these responsibilities!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 03:34:07 pm by LeRuineur6 »
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

alanrweiss

• FSP Participant
  • Have a high performance day
    • Synchromesh Computing
Re:new people in the FSP leadership!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 01:13:42 pm »

Welcome, Seth and Karen.

And thank you for volunteering.   Its important we thank those people who put their butts on the line to bring about Liberty in our Lifetime, so thank you very much.

Thanks as well to the outgoing officers and directors, who worked tirelessly for this, the grand experiment of our age.

Alan R. Weiss
FSP Member
Alan R. Weiss
CEO, Synchromesh Computing, LLC
6300 Bridgepoint Parkway
Bridgepoint Parkway, Suite 125
Austin, Texas 78730 USA
Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402
Skype: alanrweiss78726 AIM: alanrweiss78726 SMS: 5125176507@mobile.mycingular.com
Email: alan@synchromeshcomputing.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything