Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecticut  (Read 73395 times)

residentalien

• vilbe
    • citizen jouranlisim
Re: Connecticut
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »

checking in from the whaling city, also known as new london. my identification puts me out of new hampshire. theres much work to be done transforming my home town, the cause of liberty is alive though. not sure if theres many of us who made the move and did the return trip. being down in the nanny states like a refugee camp though. learned alot up in the granite state, adopted home of mine...
weapons of mass distraction

Sam Adams

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 12:36:29 am »

checking in from the whaling city, also known as new london. my identification puts me out of new hampshire. theres much work to be done transforming my home town, the cause of liberty is alive though. not sure if theres many of us who made the move and did the return trip. being down in the nanny states like a refugee camp though. learned alot up in the granite state, adopted home of mine...
                                                          Hello New London, sorry to hear you moved back from the Shirefree land, you must have had reasons. I like your expression of CT, never had it put that way but it fits very well, nanny state like a refugee camp. Our govt officials harrass every other delivery truck with fission units, pass weekly tax increase bills to pay for their debt spending, push local ICLEI agenda 21 zoning restrictions on the masses. The Tea Party turned RINO and warmonger mostly, but their are many Liberty loving folks around. I,m up by BDL airport and my name is Dan if you want to contact me. Be well.

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 06:16:54 pm »

Any of you guys still in CT and going to the April 20 rally against Malloy?  Thought I'd ask as we can meet up if you're interested.

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »

Still in CT but I'm going to a shoot up in NH that day.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

bellemarematt

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 03:18:26 pm »

Any of you guys still in CT and going to the April 20 rally against Malloy?  Thought I'd ask as we can meet up if you're interested.

i would love to but i'm going to anarchy in nyc that day

freedomroad

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 04:11:02 pm »

i would love to but i'm going to anarchy in nyc that day

Welcome to this forum. I beleive a FSPer will be speaking at the event in NYC. Make sure to say hi to the FSP folks there :)

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 06:36:29 am »

Aww, no problem.  I'll probably head up there with my gun club.

BTW I love the responses though, can't make it because I'm going to a shoot, can't make it because I'm going to anarchy in NYC.   ;D

Much better than "I wanna watch football" lol.  Totally love that!   Well, maybe see you guys in NH later on...  :)

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »

Aww, no problem.  I'll probably head up there with my gun club.

BTW I love the responses though, can't make it because I'm going to a shoot, can't make it because I'm going to anarchy in NYC.   ;D

Much better than "I wanna watch football" lol.  Totally love that!   Well, maybe see you guys in NH later on...  :)

Haha right? Much better than your typical types of people... :-)
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

I know most of you guys are out tomorrow, but in case someone doesn't know about it, please consider going to the Hartford 2nd Amendment rally, I will be present there as part of the CCDL.  I encourage anyone without other engagements to attend and give our worthless governor a message that we are citizens, not slaves.   ;D

www.ccdl.us

freedomroad

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »

I'll be attending 4 liberty type events in NH so I cannot make it. Please bring FSP flyers and talk to folks/chalk/flyer cars about the FSP. Lots of flyers to choice from. Print off some of your favorite.
http://freestateproject.org/getinvolved/downloads

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:30 am »

Thanks for the link.

I did mention NH to a bunch of people, but most were the typical neo-con / fundamentalist type that are pro-gun but anti-liberty.  One guy even said to me that the "libertarians cost Romney the election by not voting for him which is equal to voting for Obama".  Pfft, sometimes you just can't get through.

Regardless, I'm glad I went to this rally.  Good points about the rally were the Oathkeepers re-affirming the oath, which was just awesome to behold the number of people doing so.  Some people had the balls to bring in actual long guns / open carry, and many of these people are definitely going to be active resisters come confiscation time.  One speaker even announced he willfully violated the unconstitutional "law" by carrying high capacity magazines to NY and CT and dared the powers that be to try and catch him and prove it, and he called for active widespread civil disobedience, which I just found to be inspiring given the normal surrender-monkey attitude.  Another more militant speaker stated the time for discourse is past, and that we are going to have to make a choice between surrender and active actual resistance in a coming civil war, which seemed originally a tad bit extreme to many people, but in my opinion hitting uncomfortably close to the actual truth.  All the meanwhile, some oath-breaking piece of s#@% was filming the entire crowd from a balcony and taking pictures of the protest - probably putting us on a list somewhere. 

I had this weird feeling that I could not shake off... even though I'm escaping to NH, I realized that the situation has fundamentally changed in that I really do believe there is a good chance that many of the innocent people I saw today might end up in boxes next year if they are serious about fighting.  It saddens and enrages me to think that there is a very high probability that this time, it is actually going to happen - Malloy and Cuomo will not back down, and will issue the confiscation order if the Supreme Court decides to continue to ignore the lawsuits.  This time just seems so .... different.

In my opinion, anyone registering their "assault weapons" is asking for the jackboots to prioritize them as targets next year - do not be fooled by the governor's lies.  If you are in the FSP and still in Connecticut, I urge you to NOT comply with registration, and get your crap out of the state asap while you can prior to Jan 2014.

Connectisuck

• The Resident Misanthrope
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:05 am »

This thread (especially the post above) got me thinkin' about guns, liberty, and the world.

Things will get better, because they'll get much worse later. I'm always going to support what libertarians stand for and their political platform. I'm going to be active and get things done when I move. Those things said, I only see NH as a temporary solution. When the economy stabilises for a while, it's only to provide a small window that will enable the smart to do whatever it is they must to prepare for the hard times.

I was discussing gun rights with, of all people, a liberal. Where gun supporters of all kinds -- both neo-cos, conservatives and libertarians -- lose credibility is when they're asked to support their Second Right philosophy. Out of the three, libertarians are the least likely to stand firm, which is unsettling to say the least. It's always "because it's my right." I explained that it's about guns being the most efficient form of direct self-defence currently available. Surprisingly, they didn't do the cliche liberal thing and say that I must be pro-war and advocating nuclear weapons. In fact, I think that all WMDs and mass-murder weapons should be illegal. NO ONE should have them. No individual, no PMC, no government. Even a ghost shouldn't have them. WMDs are just that. They aren't about defence, they're about wiping entire countries off of the map, and killing millions of people, while also making things bad for their children. Then I explained why guns should be encouraged.

If I'm being attacked, and my only weapons are a nuclear missile and a syringe with a biological virus, and I used them, I'd be killing not only that person and millions of others, but myself as well. I can't save a life by launching a nuke at the person I need to neutralise. With a gun, however, I can eliminate a threat without endangering any other lives, as long as I don't think I'm hot shite and start going Rambo. Thus, the gun is the most direct, controlled means of self-defence currently available.

I personally don't have time for guns, despite having interest in concealed-carry permits, because they scream "coward". I settle things the way someone honour-bound would, with the hands and feet. However, I'm all for others having and using guns to keep their properties, peoples and selves safe.

EnslavedInCT is right. I wish that things wouldn't have to come to any armed resistance, and I'm certainly not for it if such can be avoided. I know this is a very tin-foil-ish topic because of the typical kind of resistance-minder, but they're onto something. I think it's time that people started asking the coo-coo questions. I'm not saying 2012, aliens or mind-control beams. I'm saying, people in power who have plans to keep it that way in the event of a nuclear war. People focus too much on black anarchy (or "dark rule", where there is no law and people turn into savages). People think of the future and see The Road, Children of Men, and The Walking Dead, when they should be seeing Jericho and V for Vendetta. They should be seeing excessive rule. Does anyone really believe the delusion that when things get bad that the  government will just leave? Ain't nobody in the government named Housni Mubarak, and even then he left because the military sided with the people. We're talking about an entity that has a law allowing it to do whatever it feels like to continue itself. There is no way they're going to pack up and leave if people start killing each other.

This isn't about aliens, or "god", or anything Hollywood. It's about human nature. It's about your lives. These people are in power and want to stay that way.

If you're pro-liberty, and you have a good head on your shoulders, I think you would do well to come up with some kind of solution. Move to NH, start an FSP in your area -- do something. There will be no compromise when times get hard.

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »

Enslaved... I'll actually be moving next month it looks like. :-) Wicked excited about that.

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

You and me both buddy, end of May here.... keeping my guns, freedom, self-respect, AND getting a 50% cost of living reduction just by moving up there.  Even got a raise out of the deal haha. 

Screw these stupid communists.  Let them have their idiotic Marxist wonderland that has lowered CT's business climate to 44 out of 50 under Malloy. 

The way I see it, moving to NH is a non-violent protest and a moral decision.  My alternative is to stay in CT, refuse to comply with the registration, and get myself and probably a few jackboots killed when they come to confiscate.  Better to leave peacefully and fight this battle in a better area of operations.   :)

Good luck on the move!

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:17 pm »

You and me both buddy, end of May here.... keeping my guns, freedom, self-respect, AND getting a 50% cost of living reduction just by moving up there.  Even got a raise out of the deal haha.  

Screw these stupid communists.  Let them have their idiotic Marxist wonderland that has lowered CT's business climate to 44 out of 50 under Malloy.  

The way I see it, moving to NH is a non-violent protest and a moral decision.  My alternative is to stay in CT, refuse to comply with the registration, and get myself and probably a few jackboots killed when they come to confiscate.  Better to leave peacefully and fight this battle in a better area of operations.   :)

Good luck on the move!

Nice! :-) Where you movin if you don't mind me askin?

Good luck on the move to you too brother. I'll be seeing you and we'll both likely be open carrying, soon enough in the Free State! :-)

And yes, I fully agree.... This is voting with our feet and dollars and making it happen in a better place.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:46:21 pm by crossonscout »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

anything