Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showtime's American Candidate....  (Read 2462 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Showtime's American Candidate....
« on: March 02, 2004, 12:40:08 am »

http://www.sho.com/site/americancandidate/faq.do

If someone solid and respectably 'libertarian' got onto this show, might be interesting....

I doubt Showtime would really give any real political views any screentime, but then again, someone firmly ZAP might be able to make good press... and a few FSP mentions would do wonders.

Paul Ott

Re:Showtime's American Candidate....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 01:57:53 pm »

This is a really good idea. The applications to join the show have to be in by April the 9th, so if we want a candidate to participate, someone over 35 needs to apply soon...
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Karl

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 02:19:25 pm »

I read somewhere that Richard Mack, the former Utah sheriff and current LP candidate for governor has applied.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 03:44:10 pm »

I thought of this when I first heard about it..... I don't know about "firmly zap", but someone articulate and reasonable sounding would be nice.....

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 12:10:20 pm »

I agree with Jim - someone firmly ZAP would make us look like a bunch of radicals (read: unelectable).  This show will be on a major cable network, and will be viewed by folks who don't think about politics as much as we do.  This means tailoring the message.  We need a person who leans a little to the left, because the right in this country tends more libertarian than the left, and we need to triangulate positioning to hit disenfranchised voters.  A good analysis on election positioning is available at:

http://www.quiz2d.com/essays/now/index.html
Click on "positioning" on the tool bar on the left of the screen.  If you've ever thought about running for office you must read this article.

IMHO Richard Mack is NOT the man to represent libertarianism in a pop culture arena.  He swings too far from the center to effectively identify with a large segment of the population.

Carl Milsted, where are you???

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 10:10:08 pm »

someone firmly ZAP

what in the world is ZAP?

I think there is a guy from CT  who is applying for this show. He is very Libertarian.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 10:09:39 pm »

ZAP = Zero Aggression Principle.  It's a philosophical theory that some use to summarize their libertarian-leanings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up