Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LP 2004 National Convention Anyone going?  (Read 3383 times)

christyc25

• FSP Participant
LP 2004 National Convention Anyone going?
« on: February 10, 2004, 04:32:24 pm »

I am thinking about going, I have never been to anything like this before and thought if would be very informative and a good way to meet people.  However, if I do go, I have to go by myself, hubby can't go.

I would like to find someone to room with.  Any ideas?

Christy

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
Re:LP 2004 National Convention Anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 01:48:22 pm »

Havent' heard boo about it. Where is it supposed to be, anyways? If they don't hold it in NH, I don't see the point in going. It's just the same old losertarian national LP.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

FreeBoB

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 04:50:28 pm »

I was going to go, but you know what, I've redirected my funds into FSP donations for ads and activities, and of course, into MOVING and the relocation of my business!  Hopefully CSPAN will cover the convention again and post the videos like year 2000 - link: http://www.c-span.org/search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=libertarian+party&image1.x=17&image1.y=14

From the LP website - link: http://www.lp.org/conv/2004/

The 2004 Libertarian Party National Convention will take place at the beautiful Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, over Memorial Day weekend, May 27-31. The room rate at this Marriott is only $99/night for single or double occupancy (less than for past conventions).

There will be a social event on the evening of Thursday, May 27, with official business starting on Friday, May 28, and running through the afternoon of Monday, May 31. The "big" business items for delegates will of course be the nomination of our 2004 Presidential and Vice-presidential candidates, which will take place on Sunday, with the Gala Banquet that evening.

There are lots of great speakers and entertainers being contacted to be a part of this Convention. There will be events and workshops for delegates and non-delegates alike. Specific details about itinerary and speakers will be made available as soon as possible – please check back here periodically, and your LP News!

christyc25

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 05:39:24 pm »

Brian, thank you for your reply.  I may not end up going, and if I don't some of the money that I was going to spend will be spent on the FSP.

We will be moving to NH next year sometime.  I can't believe how fast this has all happened to us, but we are so excited :)

Thanks again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything