Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brainstorming website to advertise at...  (Read 5772 times)

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
  • Ain't nobody's business but mine
    • Free State Project/self-sufficiency living liaison
Re:Brainstorming website to advertise at...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 09:42:40 pm »

Defacement of Currency

Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service.

So get defacing!  Just use some common sense so I don't get thrown in jail for inciting or something dumb like that.

Andrew
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

Elwar

• FSP Participant
  • NH Bound.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 10:58:15 pm »

Websites that I tend to frequent which have banners are

www.wnd.com
www.drudgereport.com
www.free-market.net  $5/1000

The worst thing that can be done to society is for someone to try to help society.

mark

• FSP Participant
  • A mute, inglorious Milton
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 03:50:42 am »

Andrew, shuup.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 08:44:32 am »

LOL I've been doing this whenever I get a free chance.  In fact, I was going to post a few weeks ago that we should also buy www.fsp.org and have it route to freestateproject.org, just because fsp.org is easier to write.  A good tip for money writers, do it in the margin on the side of the bill.  Just like that company wheresgeorge.com.

Hey, here's an idea I just had a little while ago and I'm so impressed with myself I just have to throw it out there.  Ready to be amazed?  Okay.  Here it is:

Write the web address for the fsp on all your cash.  If you just take a minute during your lunch, or whatever, pull out that sweaty wad of bills and write freestateproject.org legibly each bill, man, our exposure can't help but increase!  Okay, and what's the downside?  Honestly, I can't see one, except that it's a pain to actually do it.  But look at the upside -- it spreads to every corner of society, it happens naturally every time we pay cash for anything, it DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO DO, it's super low-tech, and it's only limited by how much money you conduct.
Oh, man, I love this idea so much I'm going to have someone make me a rubber stamp and just start defacing currency!
Liberty in our lifetime, baby!!

Andrew

bmud

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 07:29:50 pm »

I've recently purchased two banner ads at www.somethingawful.com.  Most of the impressions will actually be at forums.somethingawful.com, however.  The first was the only one of our traditional banners that fit their space requirements (under 20k) and the second was the new blue and white fark.com banner ad.   Just, FYI.

bmud

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 07:36:17 pm »

Oh, and if we're looking to advertise to the college crowd, www.dailyjolt.com has that demographic cornered.

They make school specific pages that act as a community board.  It's semi-popular at my school.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up