Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High School Teachers  (Read 4049 times)

bugsbunny04

• FSP Participant
  • Whats up doc?
High School Teachers
« on: January 28, 2004, 10:21:11 pm »

Do people in the profession I am now training for have a good home to look foward to up there? I wanna teach history, in public school, the way it actually happened (what a concept, considering the absolute poppycock that is taught in some systems!) Will I be able to find a job? Is high school football and softball popular up there? Those are the sports I coach, will I have a job in those areas?
Freezing to be Free

Morpheus

Re:High School Teachers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:30:42 am »

You should know that one of the intents of the Free State Project is to eliminate Public Schooling. Or did you not know this?

Of course, if you wish to be a public school teacher so that you will have the opportunity to instill a sense of real history {As well as, hopefully, Libertarian ideals}, then have at it. Just know that if the Libertarian Movement triumphs, you will be out of a job. This will take some time, however.
Even still, if I were you, I would seek a Private field that you would be able to fall back on.

FreeBoB

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 12:50:29 am »

Do people in the profession I am now training for have a good home to look foward to up there? I wanna teach history, in public school, the way it actually happened (what a concept, considering the absolute poppycock that is taught in some systems!) Will I be able to find a job? Is high school football and softball popular up there? Those are the sports I coach, will I have a job in those areas?

You can look forward to many increased opportunities as a teacher in the Free State.  Families, home school networks, for-profit and not for profit schools, and whatever educational models the marketplace brings us will all need competent skilled teachers as we phase out the government schools schools in NH.  Here's a listing of NH private schools:

http://www.directorynh.com/NHEducation-Instruction/NHPrivateSchools.html

To be a liberty-oriented coach and teacher in a government school might be pretty tough on the soul, don't you think?  It's amazing how bad these local institutions are.  My 9th grader had a volleyball coach who had never played volleyball and knew absolutely nothing about the sport!  The kids taught her how to coach, and needless to say, they were disappointed by her being hired.  We'll always need good coaches!  You might read the sports sections of the NH online newspapers for a sense of the high school sports:

http://www.state.nh.us/nhnews/

Are there any FSP member teachers, administrators or staff reading this who work in the present government school system?  

mark

• FSP Participant
  • A mute, inglorious Milton
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 04:49:21 am »

You can look forward to many increased opportunities as a teacher in the Free State.  Families, home school networks, for-profit and not for profit schools, and whatever educational models the marketplace brings us will all need competent skilled teachers as we phase out the government schools schools in NH.  Here's a listing of NH private schools:

http://www.directorynh.com/NHEducation-Instruction/NHPrivateSchools.html

To be a liberty-oriented coach and teacher in a government school might be pretty tough on the soul, don't you think?  It's amazing how bad these local institutions are.  My 9th grader had a volleyball coach who had never played volleyball and knew absolutely nothing about the sport!  The kids taught her how to coach, and needless to say, they were disappointed by her being hired.  We'll always need good coaches!  You might read the sports sections of the NH online newspapers for a sense of the high school sports:

http://www.state.nh.us/nhnews/

Are there any FSP member teachers, administrators or staff reading this who work in the present government school system?  

Glorified babysitters.

Ogre11

• FSP Participant
  • Ok, I'm in. Ready to move yet?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 02:55:26 pm »

Do people in the profession I am now training for have a good home to look foward to up there?
I'm not sure where you're from, but be prepared for a very powerful teacher's union.  You will not be required to join, but you will be required to pay dues.  My father recently spent a number of years fighting paying the dues, but the supreme court ruled against him.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 04:19:09 pm »

He won't really be out of a job.

Many private schools pay their teachers a decent living also, and there would be a plethora of them by the time we completely eliminate public schooling.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers
Pages: [1]   Go Up