Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bedford Residents - need your signature on a school warrant article  (Read 9732 times)

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann

“Shall the Bedford School District direct the School Board to explore in good faith the concept of tuitioning secondary school age students, (as is currently done to Manchester) instead to a private, non-profit secondary school (such as a Bedford Academy) that does not place any incremental tax burden on the taxpayers of Bedford; and to delay approval and/or construction of a Bedford public high school while concurrently further developing the public high school concept; and to report findings to the Bedford School District by December 1, 2004?”
---
See http://www.bedfordacademy.org/ for details.
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:Bedford Residents - need your signature on a school warrant article
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 02:03:08 am »

Godspeed on this, mv.

Anything I can do to help from afar pending my escape to freedom?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 02:08:10 am by Dada Orwell »
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 11:40:56 am »

Our key issue right now is building awareness and mindshare in Bedford and around New Hampshire - if you have any media contacts, or contacts in other organizations dedicated to school choice, please let them know about this effort.

I gather there's going to be a Boston Globe article tomorrow in the New England regional section, and I sent some info to the New England desk of the New York Times.
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 04:21:16 pm »

Our key issue right now is building awareness and mindshare in Bedford and around New Hampshire - if you have any media contacts, or contacts in other organizations dedicated to school choice, please let them know about this effort.

I gather there's going to be a Boston Globe article tomorrow in the New England regional section, and I sent some info to the New England desk of the New York Times.

Can you sum up your story in one compelling sentence for me to say to these organizations?
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
Re:Bedford Residents
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 09:16:13 pm »

What is the latest on the Bedford Academy?  Is it going to be voted upon?

According to the Union Leader, a small band of activists are pushing a public school down the throats of the people.

Heinz

MidlMan

Re: Bedford Residents - need your signature on a school warrant article
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 01:58:54 pm »

Well, the MUL didnt exactly say a "small group of activists", and historically some 55% of the town supports building the high school, so I think your post is a little misleading. A huge majority of the town voted to spend $50k on a public high school proposal when the Manchester contract was voted down.

As to the BA, it will probably be on the ballot. Im not sure why this is getting so much interest from FreeStaters? Doesnt make sense why anyone that advocates low taxes and less government would back a plan to hand over $30m-$40m to an unemployed salesman with no track record and no published financials and then hand him a 20-year blank check backed by town government. Seems a little foolish to me. At least with a public HS you can vote the bastards out of office if you dont like what they spend. With BA you have no say at all, just the like how manchester currently screws us over.

MVPEL, you seem to be the biggest advocate... whats the argument? Why is this a free state issue?

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 02:07:23 am »

Middle Man,

Your post is suspect to me.  I checked your profile and noticed that you joined the forum today.  You seem intent on discrediting Haig Yaghoobian by mentioning that he is unemployed.  According to what I know, this is not true.  He is a VP with ARC International.  I bet you are one of these newcomers to Bedford who are trying to bring unneeded change to our community.  The high school will never pass.  We have a high school and it is West High in Manchester.

HG

MidlMan

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 01:13:30 am »

HG,

Suspect away! Most people suspect anyone they dont agree with. Nothing I can say here will ever convince you anything about me. Sure I joined for the sole purpose of joining the conversation here, but isnt that the point of these forums? I will bet that just about every forum member made a post the day they joined. Bet you did too! I like the Free State idea, support it mostly anyway, and Ive lived here most of my life. But I dont like Haig and his methods, and Im a little surprised that you/me/fsp thinks he's got something to offer the movement. FSP has to be grounded in some truth to be successful, and Haig isnt providing much of that. So if  'discrediting' means making you aware of some facts you should know to make decisions, then golly I guess Im guilty.

As to Haig being unemployed, yes, that is true. Haig was terminated. You can verify this as I did by checking with www.archive.org, and retrieving the management page for ARC International month by month. He dissappears, if I remember correctly, about April or May '04. And in fairness I dont know for sure that he hasnt gotten a new job, but he isnt with ARC anymore. I invite you to offer some evidence that Im wrong, just as I offer evidence that Im right. Fair enough? Best of all, ask Haig. He wont take questions from anyone he doesnt know, so I cant ask him. He doesnt return email or calls. Has MVPEL from Merrimack do his postings for him. What should I make of that? Thats not the actions of someone with an honest plan and nothing to hide.

I asked my friend thats a CFO on a private school to go over his numbers; he said they were absurd. I called someone I knew on the board at Coe Brown and they said he was bogus. I asked my accountant and two venture firms about it, they said it was just fancy and empty marketing. I went to every presentation he made, watched his meltdown in front of the school board. The school board spent a lot of time looking at his proposal, and unanimously rejected it, not because its a conspiracy, and not because they are all pro-highschoolers (think Dan Sullivan) but because its a bad or at least poorly defined idea. Ive done enough research that I think I can call the guy a fraud. I bet Ive done more research than you by a longshot, and I went into it thinking it was a great idea.

Your last sentence pretty much is the smoking gun though. You want West High, and support Bedford Academy only to split the pro-high school vote. Who's suspect now?

MidlMan

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 01:33:09 am »

Hey Heinz, I was right! You made two posts the day you joined! Guess you're as 'suspect' as me!

But tell me, why on Gods Green Earth would you choose a screen name of a Nazi general to promote Bedford Academy? "Heinz Guderian"?? Seems like poor taste to me, and doesnt bolster your credibility none too much. (Neat obscure reference though).

Gotta agree with you on the CSE. Maybe youre a stand up guy after all, and just got sucked into the hype and hoopla.

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 09:24:39 am »

Hey Heinz, I was right! You made two posts the day you joined! Guess you're as 'suspect' as me!

But tell me, why on Gods Green Earth would you choose a screen name of a Nazi general to promote Bedford Academy? "Heinz Guderian"?? Seems like poor taste to me, and doesnt bolster your credibility none too much. (Neat obscure reference though).

Gotta agree with you on the CSE. Maybe youre a stand up guy after all, and just got sucked into the hype and hoopla.

Middleman, you are quite astute.  Heinz Guderian was a great GERMAN general.  He is the man who overran France in 1940.  Like Rommel, he was a proud German officer but not a Nazi.  I am of German background and love the history of my people.  There is no shame in being German.  Rommel and Guderian were both warriors of great principle.  The public school system smears Germany because of the terrible things done by Hitler and his minions.  I think a Bedford Academy would provide a more balanced view of history.  Kudos to you for figuring out the reference.  I thought that Goethe would be too obvious.

I will review the facts on Haig and his employment status.  You may be right as articles no longer mention a company affiliation.  Roy Stewart got me to thinking about this whole proposal.  Perhaps Haig cannot pull it off.  Since my last post, I think he may be getting a swollen head.  I worry when people begin to believe their own press releases.  The problem with the public option is that the price tag keeps going up.  Now we have to pay $6 million to build a connector road.  There will be no end to the price tag here.

General Guderian

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 03:56:31 pm »

Heinz Gurderian was one of Hitlers minions, and he was a Nazi leader.

On 21st July 1944, Guderian replaced General Kurt Zeitzler as commander of the General Staff. As a result of the July Plot Guderian demanded the resignation of any officer who did not fully support the ideals of the Nazi Party. Over the next few months Guderian sat with Gerd von Rundstedt and Wilhelm Keitel on the Army Court of Honour that expelled hundreds of officers suspected of being opposed to the policies of Adolf Hitler.

What does this have to do with a Bedford high school?  I see that you are good at cutting and pasting stuff from biographical websites.  I knew this from reading about the man, not doing a Google search.  Incidentally, you forget to mention that Hitler fired Guderian twice during the war.  You also neglected to mention that Guderian was never charged with a war crime.  The main issue Guderian had with the expelled officers had nothing to do with Hitler's racist practices.  He was against Wehrmacht officers who opposed the war effort as he believed in the subordination of the military to civilians.  I am no apologist for the abhorrent Nazi regime but history is clear in that Hitler was elected to Chancellor.  People play fast and loose with the facts in what passes for education today.  In my era, one did not have the internet from which to pluck half truths.

Regarding the high school, I see that the Bedford Journal has done another hatchet job on Haig and the Academy.  I do believe that Haig is sincere in his beliefs about the Academy being best for Bedford.  Yet, the forum was conducted poorly.  By not taking questions from the floor, Haig created a public relations nightmare for himself.  Last, Elaine Tefft is a woman of many admirable qualities but she is a political lightning rod for those pushing the public high school option.  She should not have been the moderator.  He is a brilliant man but a public relations blunderer.  Sorry but I am a straight shooter........

Let's get off the Guderian thing and your attempt to smear the Academy as a "Nazi" project.

H.G.

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 10:12:33 am »

Guderian was a Nazi party member as were the guys who ran the phone company or bus lines.  Just as a teacher had to be a Baath party member in Saddam's Iraq, the top generals were Nazi party members.

The Nazi thing in my last post was mentioned because someone (you?) is smearing the Bedford high opponents as Nazis for using the term "Final Solution" in describing the fanaticism behind pushing this albatross on taxpayers.

People like you and Morgan need to take your champagne taste out of Bedford.  New Hampshire is about the individual seeking to live freely.  Your kind is dumping this high school and high taxes upon us.  Another of your kind, Mike Scanlon, wants to have Concord intrude upon our rights to use a cell phone while driving.  Go back to MA or whereever you came from.  Don't tread on me.

H.G.

What does this have to do with a Bedford high school? 

Nothing. It has to do with your claim that Guderian was not a Nazi.......
Incidentally, you forget to mention that Hitler fired Guderian twice during the war.  You also neglected to mention that Guderian was never charged with a war crime.  The main issue Guderian had with the expelled officers had nothing to do with Hitler's racist practices.  He was against Wehrmacht officers who opposed the war effort as he believed in the subordination of the military to civilians.  I am no apologist for the abhorrent Nazi regime but history is clear in that Hitler was elected to Chancellor. 
I only posted the history of Gurderian to prove he was a Nazi. You claimed he was not.

Nazi does not mean racist or war criminal. The fact remains that Guderian was a Nazi, and you are the one that misrepresented history.

Do you still claim Gurderian was not a Nazi?

People play fast and loose with the facts in what passes for education today.
People like you?

In my era, one did not have the internet from which to pluck half truths.
No you just put out full blown lies, even today.

Let's get off the Guderian thing and your attempt to smear the Academy as a "Nazi" project.
It is rather funny that you call your opponets as "Nazi" in your last post.
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=9320.0

Greenbacks

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 10:51:41 am »

The Nazi thing in my last post was mentioned because someone (you?) is smearing the Bedford high opponents as Nazis for using the term "Final Solution" in describing the fanaticism behind pushing this albatross on taxpayers.

did you ever think that using the term "final solution" would be offensive to people especially to those of the jewish faith?

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 03:39:31 pm »

did you ever think that using the term "final solution" would be offensive to people especially to those of the jewish faith?

The reference was intended to draw attention to the issue at hand.  A zealous group in Bedford is doing all they can to impose their will on others.  The solution they have in mind will be the end (final) for many of the elderly in town on a fixed income.  Let me remind all that blacks were not the only people ever enslaved and that Hitler murdered gypsies, homosexuals and clergy.  This is just more political correctness crap to obscure that fact that these people are stealing the heart of the town out from under us.

H.G.

hguderian

• Achtung, baby!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 04:57:45 pm »

Guderian was a Nazi party member ......
That is what I said...
Or maybe because some of the Bedford high opponents(you?) use Nazi handles on the internet, and seem to idolize some Nazi generals.... I wonder why someone would call you a Nazi  ::)

I didn't call anyone a Nazi except Guderian, and he was.

I never said anything about Bedford High opponents. All I did was correct you when you stated that Guderian was not a Nazi. I guess you don't like to be corrected. :P

People like you and Morgan need to take your champagne taste out of Bedford.  New Hampshire is about the individual seeking to live freely.  Your kind is dumping this high school and high taxes upon us.  Another of your kind, Mike Scanlon, wants to have Concord intrude upon our rights to use a cell phone while driving.
Please tell me more about these 'people like me'.

What is my kind?

Go back to MA or whereever you came from.
Why don't you go back to Deutschland, and worship your Nazi general heroes there?

Unfortunately, the Deutschland is not what it used to be now that it has been corrupted by outside influences. 

Regarding your kind, you are the type who claims Libertarian status but really believe in big government and strong government versus individual rights.

Why do you want a high school in Bedford so badly?

H.G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything