Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Why so few new people joining FSP?  (Read 29586 times)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Why so few new people joining FSP?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2004, 06:34:15 pm »

Thanks for your thought Toowm, and welcome to the forum.

I believe we have begun to realize, how much we are asking of the folks.  We are currently putting together a Porcupine Directory in NH.  As it progresses we hope it will serve as a real and personal way for folks to learn of NH.  A networking system, for home hunting, job finding, and relationship building even before you actually take the plunge!

I'm thinking you have already taken your first step to NH! :D  Look forward to meeting you up there!

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

BlueLu

• MMMMMMM! Monadnock
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2004, 07:58:05 pm »

The best advertising will be the early successes of porcs on the ground in New Hampshire in the next 2 years. - Lu

Bruce_Morgan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a Porcupine!
    • DevTech Services
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2004, 08:29:37 pm »

TOOWM,

Real men and women don't sign pledges they may not be able to honor.  Thanks for being one of them!

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2004, 08:49:49 pm »

The best advertising will be the early successes of porcs on the ground in New Hampshire in the next 2 years. - Lu
halleLUyah!  and amen!
nothing to say...

thrivetacobell

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2004, 08:16:21 pm »

Perhaps the general apathy of americans today is far underestimated... or perhaps it really is the 'cold' of New Hampshire. If it be the cold, it should be understood that the winters are relatively short lived, and are not so unbearable as those in the midwest, anywhere in canada, or alaska. Also, though Massachusetts born and bred, I have an extensive love of the southeast, for its climate, definately, but for its land and history and people... I have always intended to live in such a comforting and temperate climate, and if it were not for the Free State Project would currently  aspire to make a home and a life for me down there. This is, however, the only life I have, and I intend to represent it regardless of a little cold. I am one who has not given up on what should have been, and still may be.
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."
                       Chistopher Morley

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2004, 08:26:02 pm »

"Real men and women don't sign pledges they may not be able to honor.  Thanks for being one of them"

You got it Bruce.  What is a man, but his word?  We have pledged on our word of honor to move to NH, and the man of honor lives by his word!  Hey be seeing you in NH buddy! ;D
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2004, 09:34:55 pm »

I also think that people who Can't move to New Hampshire can probably help make a huge difference by donating money to the NHLA, or the LPNH, and other Liberty minded groups in the State.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2004, 09:39:58 pm »

Agree Tracy we must all help as we can, together we have the potential to really make this happen!
Please join us!

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2004, 10:12:38 am »

Thank you.

I meant to add something else.

Because by helping to make New HAmpshire Free, they are also helping to make their state free.

First of all the cheeper goods and such made in New Hampshire because of the free market and lack of taxes and regulations will raise their standard of living.

But also because an example of freedom will make their own arguments for freedom that much stronger in the state where they reside and in New Hampshire can ellect a couple libertarian Senetors then those other states will benefit as well.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2004, 12:47:29 am »

Actually it's the local freedom lovers who already lived there that show the most promise.  And they sure are on the move...  

I assume we have boosted their morale a bit, but right now it's their time to shine, not ours.  
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Burt Gummer

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 10:46:36 am »

Some of us are very reluctant to move to another cold weather state. If I have to leave my home state, I want to get away from snow and ice forever.

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
  • Ain't nobody's business but mine
    • Free State Project/self-sufficiency living liaison
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2004, 11:09:27 am »

Then get a portable job, like restaurant work or construction, or work for a cruise line during the cold months.  You could live in NH eight months out of the year and winter down south.  I don't know, I can't solve the problem for you anymore than I can make NH's climate warmer.  But you'll either find a way to tough it out, or you'll find a way to not be here in the winter.  If you want to do it, you'll do it.  You'll find a way.  And if not, then you didn't want it that badly to begin with.

Andrew
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

Burt Gummer

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2004, 11:59:34 am »

My job skills don't fall into the portable jobs category.

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2004, 12:05:31 pm »

My job skills don't fall into the portable jobs category.

this will be a very hot topic in the upcoming years: the mobility of our labor and skills in order for us to remain competitive in the (world) market.  Those with smaller skillsets will have reduced employment opportunities, and this will continue to be more prevelant in the future - Gear Up!
nothing to say...

FreeBoB

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2004, 12:14:44 pm »

Thousands of people who are aware of the FSP are on the sidelines with various reasons not to join or commit to moving, and that's OK.  Some of us have already moved and some of us are moving as soon as we can - we've had it!  

As the very real changes we will help to make happen in NH are recognized, more and more people will find that their desire for freedom starts to take over their thinking.  It's already happening!  Just stay tuned in and keep your thinking caps on.  It's gonna be a roller coaster of a ride!   8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up