Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Proceeds of member services profits?  (Read 2929 times)

Adam Selene

• FSP Participant
  • I already shrugged. Where the hell are you?
Poll: Proceeds of member services profits?
« on: October 14, 2003, 10:35:38 pm »

I'm in the process of creating a non-profit online community providing services to FSP members. It will be run on value-for-value capitalist principles. That is, I plan to charge fees for some services.

My question is, where should profits be donated?

=================================================

A) To a venture capital fund providing startup capital for technology and internet-based startups by FSP members.

B) To the Free State Project (Inc), to fund salaries for FSP officers, and other expenses.

C) To the Europen Freestate Project (get it of the ground it is sitting on).

D) A combination of the above.

=================================================

Kelton

• FSP Participant
  • el resplandor de las llamas de la libertad
Re:Funding FSP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 05:07:09 pm »

I don't know why your thread was moved, except perhaps the first line about wanting to start a business threw-off whoever did that, easy mistake for someone in a hurry.

How about develop that idea some more first, see where you are going with it, until more people get a grasp on what it is you have in mind?
. . .the foundations of our national policy should be laid in private morality. If individuals be not influenced by moral principles, it is in vain to look for public virtue --The U.S. Senate's reply to George Washington's first inaugural address

Kelton

• FSP Participant
  • el resplandor de las llamas de la libertad
Re:Poll: Proceeds of member services profits?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 11:46:55 pm »

I would highly recommend A. above,  the FSP membership seems to have a high level of human capital in an educated and talented work force, with a group that understands the most basic principles of capitalism, and overall, relatively young too.  Yet despite all this, many here still are finding it will not be at all easy to find employment in New Hampshire.

If I were a venture capitalist, or an employer for that matter, I would pay close attention to the potential of the FSP to make a huge difference in the work force, and wanting to put some money behind that potential, and that works good all around.

I think you are going to go more into detail about your plans for your idea to be more appreciated.
. . .the foundations of our national policy should be laid in private morality. If individuals be not influenced by moral principles, it is in vain to look for public virtue --The U.S. Senate's reply to George Washington's first inaugural address
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything