Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Sale 3 BR Saltbox on 14.5 acres SW NH  (Read 6701 times)

countryliving53

• I'm a llama!
4 Sale 3 BR Saltbox on 14.5 acres SW NH
« on: October 03, 2003, 04:31:50 pm »

I have a three bedroom Saltbox 2100 sq
ft with breezeway and attached garage.
Located in picturesque small town in sw NH.  Will be able to close the end of October.

To see details click url below

http://userpages.cheshire.net/~rchebert/

DadELK68

Re: 4 Sale 3 BR Saltbox on 14.5 acres SW NH
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 05:22:19 pm »

Maybe this heading should change to something about specific offerings from Porcupines to Porcupines...

We have a 3BR Gambrel in Derry (South-Central) on 1.7 acres, closing possible as early as the end of Oct. We love the location (it's our 'first house' - in the back of a cul-de-sac with 4 other houses, 1/3 mile from a nice park with playground and sports fields, less than a mile from the elementary and middle school, two miles from downtown and the grocery stores, about 3 miles from I-93)), and really struggled with the decision to move rather than just continuing with improvements and additions (with 4 kids, we've had three in one bedroom). We're asking $275k, which is a little low for the market in the area, because we're interested in selling quickly (our new house in East Derry, still under construction, will be closing Oct 31).

If you're interested, contact our Realtor (whom I highly recommend as an honest and helpful person for anyone looking in the greater Nashua area as well as Londonderry/Derry, Litchfield, Windham and Pelham) Paul Yarmo at ReMax in Hudson, 603-882-9900. If we don't sell it before we move, we may even be interested in renting the house for a while.

Eric

jrex2000

• JREX2000 SOOPER SOOPREAM
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 06:12:24 pm »

We're asking $275k, which is a little low for the market in the area

:o

one reason it will be hard for us younger (poor) members to move.  :(
Join #freestateproject on EFnet for live discussion.

jgilyeat

• FSP Participant
  • Boo!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 12:30:00 am »

275k for 1.7 acres and  1600 sq ft (just guessing, here ;) ) is -not- bad.  That sort of place goes for another 50-100k in the greater Baltimore and Washington areas.  Besides, and not to sound like a dick, but 19 and 20 yo's shouldn't be looking to buy.  The fact that I was able to buy at 25 was because we 1. bought and older, non-historic house on a "city lot", and 2. make over 100k a year combined household income :)

If I were single and making what I make on my own, I'd still -probably- be renting a 1 br apartment (at 600-800/mo as opposed to a 1200/mo mortgage) and saving to put 20% down.  

That all said, I've been looking at properties in the  40-500 acre range, and have been absolutely drooling at the ability to purchase that much land for as little as a grand an acre (although to get power/cable you're going to double that).  Being as I'm used to seeing land -start- at 50-100k an acre, you can see where I'm coming from ;)

So, to go along with a couple of other threads: for the college aged movers, look around the university towns for rentals.  Yes, they're going to be a little dingy, but you're going to pay much lower rents than if you were going to get something more "whitecollar" in Nashua or Concord...

-
J

DadELK68

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 08:30:25 pm »

This was our first house, bought when I was 32. It's actually a little over 1600sf, with a partially finished addition, two decks, and we had started finishing the full 1000sf unfinished basement before we decided to build a new house rather than continuing to upgrade.

For the younger (poor) members, there is a very nice apartment complex less than a mile from my house (The Fairways) where we lived before buying the house. There are many other complexes as well as duplexes/condos in different areas of Derry of varying sizes and neighborhoods, as well as multi-family houses and studio apartments, ranging from around $500-$600 a month for the lowest end options.

Remember, this is in the center of the rapidly growing 'Southern Tier' - if you look in Sandown, Chester and Auburn, towns just to the East of Derry, there are larger lots for sale and cheaper rents (although there are also fewer units available).

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 01:25:05 am »

I'm going to NH next month to take a look.  Not to rain on the parade, but I'm coming from California and am choaking on the RE prices..  It's *not* that great...

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

DadELK68

South-Central NH
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2003, 03:12:24 pm »

Posted by: varrin  Posted on: October 10, 2003, 02:25:05 am  
I'm going to NH next month to take a look.  Not to rain on the parade, but I'm coming from California and am choaking on the RE prices..  It's *not* that great...

V-

If you (or anyone else) are interested in the greater Derry/Londonderry area, IM me before you come and I'll see what sort of suggestions I can make for your trip and for contacts and information when you arrive. I can also probably be of some help with the Hudson/Litchfield and greater Nashua area, slightly less so (but I'll do what I can) if you want to look more to the north of Manchester or much closer to the Seacoast.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything