Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH needs Dentists  (Read 3014 times)

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
NH needs Dentists
« on: October 01, 2003, 04:15:24 pm »

In today's Monadnock Shopper News, a cartoon was printed by editorial cartoonist Mike Marland that mentioned a rural dentist shortage in NH.  As NH is now the free state, perhaps this is a good pitch to get a few dentists in here.  I don't want to mess with Mike's "do not reproduce" rule so I can't post the cartoon here (plus I don't know how to upload a picture, I only see options to link to a picture hosted on another site).

The cartoon makes mention of the FSP.  It shows a rural-looking lad with a toothache (labeled "NH rural dentist shortage").  He's saying "If that bunch of Libertarians does move to the state I hope a lot of them are dentists."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 04:16:32 pm by rdeacon »

heyerstandards

• Who's guarding the guards?
Re:NH needs Dentists
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 04:03:50 pm »

Plus a double lashing of floss and a swinging door to pull the tooth.  :o
Is government sometimes useful? Answered Mencken:

So is a doctor. But suppose the dear fellow claimed the right, every time he was called in to prescribe for a bellyache..., to raid the family silver, use the family tooth-brushes, and execute the droit de seigneur upon the housemaid.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
Re:NH needs Dentists
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 03:27:47 pm »

Well, you know that the toothbrush had to have been invented in NH, if it was invented elsewhere, it'd have been called the 'teethbrush'....
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up