Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Try These Ideas on For Size...  (Read 6505 times)

Johnny Silverseed

• You MUST Choose: Objectivism or Volitional Scienc
    • The World's Simplest Colloidal Silver
Try These Ideas on For Size...
« on: August 25, 2003, 07:44:18 pm »

Coffee House:
A friend has been doing quite well, having built three and found funding for several others in Phoenix, AZ. He will likely operate in the Freestate as well.

Health products:
I've invented the world' simplest colloidal silver generator and published a book for do-it-yourselfers. It is my desire to create a bottling facility with the FDA's hardline stance in mind.

Freedom Technologies:
Education is the watchword here. Surely there will be an up-start created from amongst our ranks. I'll see to it.

Inventions:
I've another patentable one. You? Let's create a group for development...

Think Tank:
This ones been pointed out as inevitable. Read the hot CEO novel: It's not Luck.

Petitioning Group:
I was awarded a contract for this years ago, and have some new ideas/concepts for funding.

Stock Market Strategies:
Go long/short on the next Bush Crime Family terrorist act.

"The internal ingestion of properly prepared colloidal silver is a personally empowering act of individual medical responsibility."

Politics is antithetical to our goal- You MUST Choose: Objectivism or Volitional Science...http://www.tuspco.com/

FerretDad

• FSP Participant
  • We are the middle children of history
Re:Try These Ideas on For Size...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 05:11:29 am »

Hot Air Ballonist:
if New Hampshire wins, according to Yankee Magazine, there is currently only one company that offers hot air balloon rides/tours... at $225 per trip.  With the picturesque landscape, this is quite the tourist market.  The other New England states have more balloonist companies, but I only saw one listed for NH...

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 01:36:42 pm »

I've invented the world' simplest colloidal silver generator and published a book for do-it-yourselfers.

So, how long before you turn into a smurf?

"Libertarian U.S. Senate candidate Stan Jones, speaks Sept. 23, 2002, during a debate at the Great Falls Civic Center in Great Falls, Mont. Jones has a distinct blue-gray skin color, the result of taking too much of an anti-bacterial form of pure silver. Jones said he started taking colloidal silver in 1999 in preparation for what he feared might be Y2K disruptions that could lead to a shortage of antibiotics."
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 03:15:53 pm »

excellent ideas!  I especially like the coffee house and Hot Air Balloon idea - I think tourism will become a MAJOR growth sector in our free state as we become more and more unlike our fellow 49 states.  People will want to see WTF is going on for themselves, not to mention experiencing some of these 'freedoms' for themselves (aka amsterdam, nevada, etc)

along these lines, I think that potential long-term profitable ventures will involve: marketing/advertising companies, education companies, firms that fill the voids left by government contraction: consumer advocate/health & food inspections/safety advocates, private security firms, lawyers specializing in writing covenants/deed restrictions, etc
nothing to say...

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 09:21:50 pm »

8)

This may seem cliche' for those of us on the West coast. The "Internet Cafe'". Take the coffee house one step further.

Partner with/be an ISP, offer email and newsgroups, put an 802.11 hub in the room and an ethernet jack at each table. And books, don't forget books. Charge for the email accounts and maybe (maybe!) a small surcharge for connecting.

Most of the candidate states have abominable weather to greater and lesser quantities during the year. This kind of shelter will be gladly received.

Yes, this is something I could wire/configure in my sleep. That is the kind of talent that the FSP is gathering together.

PS: if anyone else does this, remember that some people do not like coffee, or the burned Starbucks crap either.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

radracer

• You miss 100 % of all the shots you never take. WG
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 12:26:48 am »

I have ideas on many of these fronts. In fact I started a small biz who's reason for existence was informing the public of our "point of view".

With regard to "Freedom Technologies" I am also an inventor, business manager, entrepreneur, part time journalist, radio announcer & LP activist so I'll be ready to help out.

Like the internet cafe idea also of course  ;) I'd hang out there.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 12:39:02 am by radracer »
"Dreams are but thoughts until their effects be tried. -  William Shakespeare"

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out
how far one can go. - T.S. Eliot

silverfish

• FSP Participant
  • Escape from Lost Angeles
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 06:45:25 pm »

Think Tank:
This ones been pointed out as inevitable. Read the hot CEO novel: It's not Luck.

Wow, havent yet seen any of Goldratt's books/ideas mentioned here. They fit great in the pictur e of the free state. Answers alot of the concerns of the left about the 'evil' producers in the world. You dont need to treat employees like crap to get product made competitively, you just need to loosen the noose of cost/tax accounting. Goldratt helps explain how you can do that. I recommend everyone read "The Goal" by Goldratt, it will give you background to understand It's Not Luck.
Mr.Madison (Green), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

Michael Enquist

• It's your life, are you getting what you want?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 06:34:45 am »

We should see if Goldratt will run for governor of our free state!

He may prefer to be hired as a consultant, however.

silverfish, Isn't it interesting that once you learn the Theory of Constraints, you see that most businesses and all governments try to work in exactly the opposite manner?

Of course, Goldratt is standing on the shoulders of Deming and Juran...

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 05:56:11 pm »

Curt:  Welcome to the forums!

You wrote:

<<This may seem cliche' for those of us on the West coast. The "Internet Cafe'". Take the coffee house one step further.>>

Haven't most Net Cafe's gone under?  What would make yours different?  

I will tell you that I do like Net Cafes....

Oh, here's an idea:  send a PM via this board to Palindrome or visit him (Trevor) at www.freestatecafe.com

Maybe you could partner with his Free State Cafe he's planning to set up in the FS.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 05:58:26 pm by Dada Orwell »
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

silverfish

• FSP Participant
  • Escape from Lost Angeles
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 06:55:57 pm »

We should see if Goldratt will run for governor of our free state!

He may prefer to be hired as a consultant, however.

silverfish, Isn't it interesting that once you learn the Theory of Constraints, you see that most businesses and all governments try to work in exactly the opposite manner?

Of course, Goldratt is standing on the shoulders of Deming and Juran...

I have been working with a guy who worked directly with Goldratt and was someone who encouraged him to write 'The Goal'. I find alot of the TOC stuff that really aligns well with objectivism/libertarianism so implementing it in my business at the same time as reading Rand, and becoming at least more mentally active in libertarian issues, has been quite the experience.

I agree that many businesses run via the faulty logic of the financial statements, and the CPAs that protect their existence. And every single government agency, office, bathroom, and broom closet operates completely opposite of the common sense that Goldratt advocates.

Have you spent any time with the thinking processes?
Mr.Madison (Green), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything