Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demographics of FSP Pledgemakers  (Read 1163 times)

Mcmercier

Demographics of FSP Pledgemakers
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »

Has anyone, or does anyone plan to, perform a demographic survey of all of the 20,000+ pledged participants of the FSP?

I ask because I was wondering about networking opportunities. Many of the participants I observe in discussions online, (FB, here and elsewhere), appear to be young people, some recent graduates, who are just starting out in their careers. Also, many appear to be seeking temporary employment and/or housing until they 'find something permanent'. I am a 45 year old business consultant for a large accounting firm with a long happy marriage, a good number of children, etc. and I am wondering whether any other participants fit my demographic, or not.

If no one is working on gathering the data, yet it would be helpful to the project, I would be happy to do it.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Demographics of FSP Pledgemakers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »

We haven't done any surveys like this since the state vote in 2003. It's something we could do via the website, as all FSP signers have accounts there. It just hasn't been a priority so far from within the organization, though I concede the data would be interesting. Once you come to NH, it becomes obvious that the demographics of the movement are pretty diverse along every dimension. Not as diverse racially as the U.S. as a whole, but more so than N.H. And leans male, but less so than other libertarian outfits.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything