Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Get 20,000 Movers and Shakers to New Hampshire  (Read 1344 times)

troy

How To Get 20,000 Movers and Shakers to New Hampshire
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:33:54 pm »

Hello fellow FSP Porcupines!

My name is Troy and I am an expert get-out-the-vote phone-banker and expert salesman.

The reason I am posting here is because I wanted to teach us how to get 19,999 to move to New Hampshire with you, by following in the same footsteps that has allowed me to succeed.

Did you know that in Sales, 80% of first-time sales require five follow-ups?  Did you know that voter-turnout can be increased by 4% by merely making a phone call?  Or a knock-on-the-door boosts turnout 8%, and multiple contacts increases voter turnout in the 10-14% range?

I just watched a great youtube recording of the Liberty Forum and noticed the next strategy seemed to be to keep finding more signers ("trigger the move.")

While I love getting more signatures, and we should definitely do that -- we are also shorting ourselves by forgetting about the importance of the original 20,000.

As you could imagine, the first bunch probably pledged with more emotional investment, passion, and skin in the game than those who recently clicked on an advertisement and landed on the page.  Am I right?  Well, I could be wrong here.  You might argue it is actually the newer pledges who are more likely to move.  But that is why I am posting here!

In either case, ALL of these people need be followed-up, encouraged, kept within good company, and be reminded of their commitment because we're relying on each other to make this move for the name of liberty.

True story.  I actually made the FSP Pledge about 5 years ago.  Talked about it a lot.  Showed friends.  But I didn't even know until a few days ago that we hit our goal.  I just happened to come back to the website by happenstance and good fortune because I wanted to check up to see how the counter was doing.  I guess my spam filter ate it and so I kind of wonder how I would have eventually found out?

So.  Here are the 3 critical elements that we need to focus on to succeed:

1) Marketing Mailers:  reach out to the 20,000 and send mailers out letting them know that we reached our goal and we are excited to have them.  Again, I did not even know we reached our goal.  Are there others like me who never got the memo?

2) Phone Banking - reach out to the 20,000 and call them and let them know that we are excited to have them.  This is where our get-out-the-vote skills are really going to come in handy.  People who have experience phone banking.  Make a list scaling how serious they are to moving, get updating contact information, and taking note who wants to volunteer their time/skills and who want to donate, and who of their friends and relatives will also make the pledge.

3) Buddy-system/or Sponsor Program so pledgers can support each other during the move or get advice from people already in NH.  I love the idea of people showing up to help me unload my U-Haul when I finally get there!  /But/ most of the work is dealing with what happens before we arrive at NH.  I could use support today, not necessarily when I get to NH - although that is definitely nice too!

Timing is important.  Right now nurturing the first 20k signers at this critical moment should be the goal.

Good news:

Because this is stuff that many of us are already familiar with, it will be easy.  Some of us know you can call 50-100 people a day.  It won't take a dozen volunteers more than a few week to scrub the original list of 20,000.

More good news:

This is no different than an upcoming Election.  It can be treated like an Election.  Volunteer.  Get out the vote.  Phone-bank.  Mail.  Follow-up.  Celebrate.  This part is easy.

Even more good news:

This plan will fund itself.  When people learn what we are doing to take action, donations will pour in.

(Maybe we could call it the "my time is now" donation drive.  Put a counter on it and watch us triple the Goal in half the time.)   :)

In summary - we need phone bankers, marketing mailers, and to start pairing buddies up who can support the move.

If we follow these 3 simple steps I promise you we will succeed.  This is what has worked for me at my job and this is what works in successful voter drives.  Follow the advice of people who have been doing this for centuries.  Follow-up.  Follow-up.  Follow-up.

Thanks for listening.  I will see you in New Hampshire.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:36:49 pm by troy »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: How To Get 20,000 Movers and Shakers to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:16:25 pm »

Actually, we are definitely planning on doing those things too. Did you see the "State of the FSP" presentation at NHLF? It's something we certainly need to move on soon, and some volunteer muscle would go a long way. I appreciate your enthusiasm, Troy.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up