Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to Buy Property  (Read 1362 times)


  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
Looking to Buy Property
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:15:17 pm »

I'm an attorney in NYC and am interested in getting a foothold in NH.  I'm specifically looking to buy a relatively cheap property that is owner-financed by a FSP person in SW New Hampshire (for minimizing travel time to/from NYC).

If anyone is interested in this kind of investment, I think I can offer a pretty good deal, as I'll offer you an interest rate enough above market to make it worth your while.  On my end, I'll want to structure the mortgage as interest only so that I can maximize tax the mortgage interest tax deduction. 

I'm looking for something very basic -- just enough to start establishing legal residency.  PM me on here if you have something or would like to look for a property together.


  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
Re: Looking to Buy Property
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:40:45 am »

I am interested in something similar, but haven't looked into any details yet.  My legal residency is still in NJ, but I've been working in London on a 2-year contract.  When I return to the US in 2017, I'd like to start my own business and move to NH.

Because NJ still is collecting income tax from me, I was interested in a way to establish legal residency in NH as soon as possible.  Do you think purchasing property, even if I am not yet living there full-time, would help get things started?


  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5722
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Looking to Buy Property
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 10:51:17 am »

You should contact the good folks at - they're in the best position to know if there are others interested in this kind of arrangement.

Proof of residency for obtaining identification and registering vehicles requires mail sent to a NH address in your name. Voting is even easier and merely requires "domicile," not residency. You can file an affidavit instead of the aforementioned proofs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:54:12 am by JasonPSorens »
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up