Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No return  (Read 2309 times)

NeoLiberty

No return
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:15:52 am »

Hey guys,

I'm very glad that the FSP has gotten to their point of "NO RETURN", it sure as hell is a trigger to move. I'm running for office under the Libertarian Party for House of Delegates this year in my state of West Virginia. Its not likely I'll win here but hopefully i can spread the message. It won't be this year that I move, but I hope to finally get to Porcfest in the summer... Its the point of no return; lets do it people...

TS
TS

JLTW

Re: No return
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:49:54 am »

I signed in the 16,000's and knew I was moving right away. The power of having even 2,000 people in a community willing to become independent from government with ethics and integrity is amazing. I would have been one activist on my own island, probably end up fleeing the country after civil disobedience. But with this community, we got each other's backs and within 10 years or sooner we'll be making international headlines crazier than Black Lives Matter  >:D But not negative.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:08:28 am »

That campaign experience will come in handy once you move to NH and can actually win. :D Looking forward to meeting you in person in the Free State!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

NeoLiberty

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 02:55:02 am »

Thanks for the replies. I have planned to come up and visit a couple times but things come up. I hope that now I am in a position to at least put good plans in place. I very much hope to meet some of you all this summer...
TS

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:27:51 pm »

it is exciting .... we are finally to this point
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

JLTW

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »

I second Jason Sorens. I will support libertarians and anarchists in political positions as defense against the dark arts. I used to be very non-political, and still am mostly. But with recent protesters forming a movement demanding a $15 minimum wage, I found value in libertarians fighting this. Minimum wage is really damaging myself and working class friends. Well it did until I worked my way beyond it.

slothman

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 05:26:41 pm »

But with recent protesters forming a movement demanding a $15 minimum wage, I found value in libertarians fighting this. Minimum wage is really damaging myself and working class friends. Well it did until I worked my way beyond it.
So min wage didn't "damage" yourself until you got a higher salary?
Is that what you meant; you phrased it oddly.
And what does damage mean in your context?

JLTW

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 09:52:34 pm »

No it was damaging in the past, not now. I can see how my phrasing would be ambiguous or odd. I had a hard time getting my first job and for a little while after that as well. It would have been easier if I could have offered to work for less, you know, competition.

Even the pro-$15 campaigners and their supportive media have said that 44% of Americans make less than $15/hour. This would affect half of America. It affects me intensely because of how extreme it is. I had no idea so many protesting mobs have been pushing so hard for things like this.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 12:32:46 pm »

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything