Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Move has been triggered!  (Read 1789 times)

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
The Move has been triggered!
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:17:00 am »

Congratulations FSP on getting 20k signers!  I can't wait to see you all in NH over the next 5 years!  Godspeed!
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re: The Move has been triggered!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:57:19 pm »

It's getting really difficult to keep track of peoples' names....  now there's a good problem to have.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »

We've got about 10% of the goal in the state right now with 18 people in the state house.  Ten times that number have signed up.  Can you imagine what 10 times that number (180) will do in the state house?  NH will be a beacon of liberty in the world.  I can't wait for the day a free stater holds the corner office in Concord and majorities in both cambers.  Lets make it happen!
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

JLTW

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:48 am »

This is the only reason I'm becoming a registered voter. Double agents shrinking government from the inside is actually working somewhere. We got large numbers, finally.

I'm coming to Porcfest this year, and what a historical time too! First one, first time out in New Hampshire ever. I may have a vendor booth for my new nonprofit. Due to government crap in my homestate of Minnesota, I will be fiending to move and settle my business out in NH as soon as possible.

It's time the freestater town advertise for the influx of movers. We should collab to build Earthships and Tiny Homes once we run out of space.

maximkat

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:28:04 pm »

@ Bazil (and anyone else that may know the answer)

With 18 people in the state house I'd expect to see more people that didn't have a D or R next to their names.  For as many people who have signed up and already moved I would have thought there would be a lot more action over at the New Hampshire Libertarian Party, at least as far as news and comments go over at the website.  Does anyone have an idea as to why this may be?  I'm not saying you can't have libertarian views (and apparently great voting records according to gencourt) as a D or R, but I'm just puzzled there aren't more that are L's.  Thanks!

FYI I'm not a signer, but an in state friend for 6 years.  I'm excited for the new influx of liberty minded people.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 08:38:38 pm »

Since it's easy to win as an R or D, most local libertarians don't run with the Libertarian Party. It's very hard to win as an L, because at that level most voters just vote the party line. There have also been some governance problems in the LP that have made it hard for a lot of us to support them.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

maximkat

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:11 pm »

I thought that may have been part of the reason regarding party lines.  Thanks for the quick response  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up