Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wife and I Planning to Make the Move to NH in May/June 2016  (Read 1739 times)

pianopaul71

Wife and I Planning to Make the Move to NH in May/June 2016
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:55:21 pm »

My wife and I are planning to make the move to NH in late May or early June of 2016, pre-Porcfest.  We're looking for Community and Country living.  We'd like to rent on acreage as we'd like to have access to gardening and farm animals as well as space for our three dogs and five cats.  Off the grid living would be great.  We're looking at the area around Lebanon, however, we are open to suggestions.
  I'm a musician (Cajun/Irish Fiddle and Ragtime Piano) and a teacher (Piano, Fiddle, Guitar, and Student Ensembles) and would like an outlet for both teaching (private lessons and working with home-schoolers) and performing.  My wife is an artist (mostly ceramics and sculpture) but she, also, loves working with animals and growing food.  We're from Louisiana and love being in the company of those who enjoy having a good time (dancing, cooking, gathering, etc.).
  Any help we could get in narrowing down a place to get started would be great...we're both looking forward to diving in socially, politically, and artistically with both feet.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Wife and I Planning to Make the Move to NH in May/June 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »

Welcome! We live in Lebanon. It's a bit more of a city, not much farming going on. However, if you go a bit farther afield - Croydon, Grafton, Dorchester, Orange, Springfield, Wentworth, etc. - you'll find farms aplenty. You may be interested in this effort in Croydon: http://bardoproject.com/. If you are planning on visiting before moving (recommended), you should stop by one of the Upper Valley Liberty meetups. We meet the last Tuesday of each month at 6 PM at Ziggy's Pizza in West Lebanon.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

pianopaul71

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »

Thanks.

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:35:36 pm »

Hope this plan is working out for you so far!
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything