Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why move to New Hampshire?  (Read 1556 times)

JacobEdward

Why move to New Hampshire?
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:49:47 pm »

I'm curious what the goal is with the Free State Project... they say they're trying to get 20K liberty loving people committed to moving to New Hampshire, but is that with the intent of having these people move to a specific city/town... surely that would be more effective than just an unfocused/sporadic move to a state of 1.3 million, right?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Why move to New Hampshire?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:34:35 am »

FSP movers are supposed to be active in a variety of ways, not just voting. We want to spread our ideas. If we are good neighbors who do good things for the community, libertarian ideas can spread far beyond our numbers. For that reason, I think spreading out is a good thing, to make sure everyone everywhere in the state is hearing the message. But some people prefer to concentrate, and with a look at this town spreadsheet, you'll get a sense of where the largest concentrations of liberty folk are: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3904587/nhtowns15.xls
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Grafold

Re: Why move to New Hampshire?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:48:24 am »

I hope the 20K is just a seed, preparing grounds for the more scale movement in the future.
It has to become a great example of the liberty benefits for the rest of the US.
Expecting innovative economics boom, new Silicon Valley appearance, etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up