Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exciting prospect  (Read 5068 times)

502chestnut

• FSP Participant
exciting prospect
« on: August 10, 2003, 11:51:00 am »

Just stumbled accross a link to your project this weekend.  The ideas and excitment that are clearly evident on these boards is absolutely tremendous.  These kinds of endeavors can and will work because the people who hold strong beliefs in liberty and limited gov't are people who have personal responsibility, and realize that if things are to be done, they will have to actively make it happen.

As for signing the pledge, I am torn, however.  I am still establishing myself professionally, and a move right now would set me back considerably.  In five years - who knows.  Secondly, I am an unabashed city rat, and the population dynamics of a place where this sort of project can be successful may require a lifestyle which I'm not particularly excited about.  This of course is dependent upon the state selected, and again, in five years - who knows what the situation will be.

For the moment I will be fence-sitting, looking on at the proceedings with a keen interest.  I have a feeling if the numbers were to get up in the 19000 range, my excitement at the reality of the project would overcome my reservations, and i'd be likely to throw my hat in the ring.

Good luck to everyone involved, I'll be sure to float around here and throw in my two cents from time to time.  Make sure that everything you do, you do with the most sincere and dedicated conviction you can muster.  There are others around the country who will be looking to your organization as a model of what limited government entails.

jhfenton

• FSP Participant
  • Civilly Disobedient
    • The Long Run
Re:exciting prospect
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 12:34:06 pm »

Welcome. Just stick around and see if you can resist the attraction. :)

I was going to wait a while to sign up too, but after a couple of months of lurking, I couldn't resist.

cathleeninsc

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 01:03:59 pm »

smiling indulgently... I know what you are saying and feeling. You will find many of us have been there. If you can already see the benefits of free markets and smaller government, then your evolution is almost predictable. Work on your career, get a few more life lessons under your belt and we will probably see you on down the road.

Good luck,
Cathleen in SC

lloydbob1

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 02:14:57 pm »

Good luck to everyone involved, I'll be sure to float around here and throw in my two cents from time to time.

Send more than two cents and send it to the donation link on the FSP home page.  

502chestnut

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 12:21:21 am »

hell with it... i'm in.

if this thing gets 20000, you won't be able to keep me away.

let's make this work.

jhfenton

• FSP Participant
  • Civilly Disobedient
    • The Long Run
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 06:47:40 am »

hell with it... i'm in.

I told you. "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Sorry. Gratuitous Star Trek reference. I was forced to watch Star Trek as a child and can't shake the habit.

Welcome aboard.

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 07:30:11 am »

Life is all about choices.

You just made what will likely be one of your most important choices, and you did so because you realize that government would, if it could, take away most of your choices in life.

See you in the free state! :)

hell with it... i'm in.

if this thing gets 20000, you won't be able to keep me away.

let's make this work.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

502chestnut

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 12:57:45 pm »

logistical question.  if my signup turns out to be, say...  5001, am i out of the voting as far as state preferences....

i apologize if this is addressed elsewhere...

jhfenton

• FSP Participant
  • Civilly Disobedient
    • The Long Run
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 01:06:35 pm »

No. To avoid that problem, as we saw 5,000 approaching, the FSP set a deadline of Aug. 15, 2003 to join and vote. We probably passed 5,000 last week (8/6 or 8/7 would be my guess). "Stragglers" will receive their ballots later, because the first big batch already went out 8/1. But everyone still has plently of time to vote and return the ballots.

502chestnut

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 01:08:42 pm »

good deal

thank you

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 03:43:01 am »

Welcome Aboard Sir!  Glad ta have ya!

Yes, there will be another (and hopefully, final) ballot mailing coming after the 15th and yours should be in there - I believe these ballots will be mailed first class so you won't be waiting long, 2-4 days max.  Hang on to your hat sir!  its a wild ride coming up!

michael
nothing to say...

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 04:29:29 pm »

Yes, there will be another (and hopefully, final) ballot mailing coming after the 15th and yours should be in there - I believe these ballots will be mailed first class so you won't be waiting long, 2-4 days max.

So in all likelyhood the second round will be received before the first round?   ;)
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 05:29:39 pm »

no, I doubt that... but i might be close... It all depends when they give me the next database...
nothing to say...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything