Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Rental in Seacoast Area  (Read 1151 times)

Lpb52

• FSP Participant
Looking for Rental in Seacoast Area
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

Hi all.

I'm happy to report the unthinkable has finally happened, and I accepted a job in Kittery, ME, scheduled to start 11/2.  Hurray!!  (It only took ELEVEN YEARS to get back to NH.  =P)

This means I will be looking for a decent apartment in commuting distance, preference being NH rather than ME.  So I am reaching out here, after emailing FSP-Doers, reaching out on the website to the Welcome Wagon for Seacoast area, and also Porcupine Realty. 

I'm looking for cat-friendly rental starting in the latter half of October, 2 bedrooms, or at least 1 bedroom and a study/den/office.  I've done no research, and the job offer just happened yesterday, so rent TBD. 

Thanks for any help/referrals.  I've missed you guys!

Lynn Pina

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Looking for Rental in Seacoast Area
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »

Hey, welcome back to NH, Lynn!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Lpb52

• FSP Participant
Re: Looking for Rental in Seacoast Area
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:12:56 pm »

Thanks, Jason.  =P

The full details now:

I am looking for an apartment/duplex/other rental to take possession and move in the bulk of my furniture 10/24, rent not to start sooner than that.  I am looking for a 2BR or 1BR with den/office/study within 30 mins one-way commute to the shipyard in Kittery, ME, including traffic.  I prefer NH, but would consider points in Maine if that didn't pan out. 

I am trying to keep it at/under $1,500 a month plus electric, but I realize the market is what it is and I want a place that I enjoy for the
next year or more until my mother sells her house in MD and we buy a property together somewhere in NH. 

I can only come up one weekend to view apartments, which is TBD by the apartments available to see.  Please ping me here if anyone knows of a rental or rental complex.  Thanks!

Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up