Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anarchic living in NH  (Read 3583 times)

MoneyIsDebt

Anarchic living in NH
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »

I'm a native of Coos County, but relocated to KY seven years ago for school. Is there a network of anarchists that are in the process of claiming squatting rights in NH or a group of people who are like minded and would like to brainstorm a group effort?
I Live Free or Die, Money is Obsolete

freedomroad

Re: Anarchic living in NH
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:39:46 pm »

There aren't any free staters interested in stealing land and buildings in NH. Outside of some of the free staters, the only group that is somewhat organized and includes anarchists in NH is Occupy NH. Much of that group was recently taken over by labor unions and progressive activists, folks that also wouldn't be interested in stealing land.  I know what you are talking about is happening in Europe. I've also heard a lot about it in MI. It doesn't seem to be a popular action in NH or even New England. There are a bunch of anarchists in Boston, for example. However, land is very expensive in Boston and rarely abandoned.

MoneyIsDebt

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:03:58 pm »

The goal is not to steal land, it is to claim land which is a right under NH law. Maintain land for 20 years, land is yours with a neighbor/person vouching for you. Are you suggesting that there is no such thing as free land?

MoneyIsDebt

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 06:07:07 pm »

The law is called adverse possession.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »

The law is called adverse possession.

I heard of people doing something like that in Texas. The only part of NH that is depressed is Berlin. A lot of the people working in Berlin have a tough on crime mentality, and even if you tried to do this following some legal process, I'm not sure it would go well.

Anyway, I don't know of any anarchists trying this in Berlin. You might want to look into Detroit.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »

I've yet to see any group of anarchists willing to pay property taxes, which would be required to claim land.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 09:10:44 pm »

It takes way less time to earn the money to buy some cheap property than it does to claim adverse possession.  I'd go that route.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything