Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Philly  (Read 2542 times)

freemind

Hello from Philly
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:27 am »

Hello I am 25 years old, living in Philadelphia.

I feel very strongly about my libertarian/small government values. I want to live around like-minded folks as they are next to impossible to find around my area. I am not happy with the direction the country is moving (politically, socially, economically) and the FSP is offering me some hope in the form of an organized effort to rid ourselves of government tyranny and to live in a free land. I've lived in CT, NJ and Philly my entire life and frankly I am getting really sick of the atmosphere here.

New Hampshire is attractive to me, I first became aware of what it had to offer when I saw it ranked #4 among the "most free states" from this websitehttp://freedominthe50states.org/ and then I found out about the FSP.

I've never been to NH but I'd like to visit soon. Coming September '15 I should be completely free from my obligations in the area (school, lease) and want to make a change in my life, moving somewhere, and my main areas of interest are NH, TN, TX.  I have a bachelors degree in history and finishing up a business degree as well.

So... I finally registered here so I can get more info and a feel for things.

MoneyIsDebt

Re: Hello from Philly
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:07:41 am »

Dude, I'm from NH. Just like anywhere else, NH has it's ups and downs. It's free, and does live up to it's state motto, to an extent. I suggest always driving the speed limits in NH because the cops can be Nazis. Other than that, just steer clear of motor cycle weekend and Meredith area if you will be in NH that time of the year. Northern and Southern NH is best, Central (Meredith area) sucks balls because the cops can be nazis.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:26:22 am by MoneyIsDebt »
I Live Free or Die, Money is Obsolete

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:57:19 pm »

Welcome, freemind! Glad to hear the Freedom in the 50 States report helped alert you to what NH has to offer. We're working on the next edition of the report, which unlike previous reports will bring data all the way up to the end of 2014 (the year before the release of the study). Look for the new study to be released in early summer next year. We're working with the Cato Institute this time. I have a feeling NH will do better, because we've seen a lot of improvements since 2011: tax credits for private scholarships, medical marijuana, repeal of the CON law for hospitals, budget cuts, & tax cuts.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:57:01 pm »

repeal of the CON law for hospitals

Can you give me more details about that? CON laws are absolutely atrocious.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:06 pm »

The 2011-12 legislature repealed the CON law for hospitals effective 2015: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120530/NEWS06/705309903&template=mobileart
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up