Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A brief hey y'all.  (Read 1549 times)

whoamrsbetty

• I Just Wanted A Pony
A brief hey y'all.
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

Hey y'all!

If my subject was honest, that would be it, but it isn't, so I'll keep going.

My husband and I are strict constitutionalist refugees from the GOP; we just voted libertarian for the first time ever this past election cycle and feel so relieved by it. Hooray for not betraying our principles! Woo!

We actually found the fsp years ago before the state in question was decided upon, but we were still holding out hope (and holding our noses) at the prospect of Romney winning and maybe shit getting better. After that didn't happen, we became solemnly apolitical and quite gloomy about the fate of the world as a whole. Dunno when that stopped, but it was gradual.

We've been marooned in Florida for many years now and we hate it. It's a swamp that's been drained and paved over, and that's the up side. He's from NE TN, I'm from Sacramento, California, we both love snow and seasons and wearing sweaters. Life here has been depressing, so out of step with our values, and not just the ones about the weather.

The turning point for us was when our five year old son asked if a day that was 70 degrees and sunny was winter time. He began arguing with us when we said no, and in that moment we realized that if we didn't act soon and relocate, he and his two younger sisters would start absorbing the values here, and not just the ones about the weather.

F. That.

We've yet to decide on an area, but we're thinking Manchester to start, but we're totally open to suggestions. He's an lpn going after his rn, I stay home with our three kids and eat bon bons á la Peggy Bundy.

We'd love to make contacts socially before the move since a relocation like this with three kids under five can be so terribly stressful. He's into marital arts, I unschool our brats. We like nature, animals, guns, cars, tattoos, reading, cooking, kettlebells, naps, pizza, and having rambling discussions with each other or other people. Oh, and we semi practicing orthodox Christians. I don't think we participate enough to even qualify as lapsed, though I aspire to the title.

Now since I've dared to take fifteen minutes to write this, my kids have spiraled out of control and I need to go get out the whip and the duct tape. Just kidding.

I lock them in the closet like Harry Potter (I'm joking, don't call DCF, srsly, kthnxbye).

Cheers! :D

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: A brief hey y'all.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:06:57 pm »

Haha Now I know with three kids under 5 you don't have much time to eat bon-bons! We have quite a few families in the FSP. My wife & I have just one - a four-year-old daughter. There are other families with 2, 3, or 4. (None that I can think of with more than that.) You can start to get the flavor of things by joining some of the FSP-related groups on Facebook, but it's hard to really make friends in the FSP until you visit the state. NH Liberty Forum and PorcFest are ideal for that. If you visit at other times, let the FSP Welcome Wagon know, and we'll set up some events for you to meet people who've made the move (https://freestateproject.org/move/welcome-wagon).
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

freedomroad

Re: A brief hey y'all.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »

Hey y'all!

Hello and welcome to the FSP Forum!

My husband and I are strict constitutionalist refugees from the GOP; we just voted libertarian for the first time ever this past election cycle and feel so relieved by it. Hooray for not betraying our principles! Woo!
The LP is pretty weak in NH and almost all libertarian candidates run as Republicans here. See more here. New Hampshire’s Liberty Candidates Flourish As Establishment Picks Fizzle http://benswann.com/new-hampshires-liberty-candidates-flourish-as-establishment-picks-fizzle/

We actually found the fsp years ago before the state in question was decided upon, but we were still holding out hope (and holding our noses) at the prospect of Romney winning and maybe shit getting better. After that didn't happen, we became solemnly apolitical and quite gloomy about the fate of the world as a whole. Dunno when that stopped, but it was gradual.

We've been marooned in Florida for many years now and we hate it. It's a swamp that's been drained and paved over, and that's the up side. He's from NE TN, I'm from Sacramento, California, we both love snow and seasons and wearing sweaters. Life here has been depressing, so out of step with our values, and not just the ones about the weather.
Excellent. We have had plenty of movers from CA and several from TN too. I agree with you about the weather.

We've yet to decide on an area, but we're thinking Manchester to start, but we're totally open to suggestions. He's an lpn going after his rn, I stay home with our three kids and eat bon bons á la Peggy Bundy.
I am not trying to be intrusive and don't know your financial situation but it is very impressive than one lpn is able to support 5 people. NH might be a little more expensive and your husband wouldn't start out with seniority, not to mention that college is less expensive in FL. You might want to consider him doing most of his RN schooling in FL, since you might have a decent financial plan right now. Then relocated to NH. Trying to make connections in NH before you move is a great idea.

We'd love to make contacts socially before the move since a relocation like this with three kids under five can be so terribly stressful. He's into marital arts, I unschool our brats. We like nature, animals, guns, cars, tattoos, reading, cooking, kettlebells, naps, pizza, and having rambling discussions with each other or other people. Oh, and we semi practicing orthodox Christians. I don't think we participate enough to even qualify as lapsed, though I aspire to the title.
That's a really good idea. Maybe 1 of you will be able to come up for Liberty Forum and get to know folks, learn about housing and jobs? It is in Manchester so that should be helpful. http://nhlibertyforum.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up