Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fugitive from Brazil  (Read 2263 times)

eduardo.cardoso

Fugitive from Brazil
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:32:05 am »

Hello, Free staters!
My name is Eduardo and I'm from Brazil.
I've never posted on this forum, but i'm an admiror of the free state and it's fight for freedom in our lifetime. I've been studying libertarialism for some years, after getting started by a post in our local mises institute. It has changed my life and the way a understand life in society. But that gave my a big headache... I live in Brazil, and ppl here, leftist and rightist, are very totalitarian... Brazil isnt in good hands, nor the opposition has any chances of actual liberty change. There is no hope for liberty in our lifetime, but there is certainly hope for becoming a new Venezuela.. I think you can understand why i want to move, and i see in new hampshire the most possible way of finding liberty and a responsible society.
That being said, i'm a medical student here in Brazil, and I'm starting to study for USMLE ( exams used in residency selection). I know there is a latin american residency program in Miami, it's not my first choice, but as an entrance for US and in the future NH. In that context, i'd like to ask if anyone here knows a free stater MD, because i'm looking for a chance to do a visiting student program during graduation or something like that, which would be important in a residency interview for NH... If i cannot do residency in NH i'll probably apply for Miami and try to move later.
I'd appreciate any kind of help, if it's' not easy to move from one state to another, imagine from one country   :)
Thanks in advance

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Fugitive from Brazil
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:38:35 am »

I don't know any practicing Free Stater doctors in NH, unfortunately. However, I think you have the right idea: find a way to get into the US first for your education, then hunt around for a position that would let you move to NH. You may want to look into Dartmouth Medical School and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital. Also, Mass General in Boston is a huge hospital and (barely) within commuting distance from NH.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:28:23 am »

Boston is very commutable from the towns along the MA border from Nashua east to the Seacoast.  Although not for the faint of heart, however I've heard that the traffic in the cities in Brazil is some of the worst in the world so maybe rush hour in Boston would be a Sunday drive for you.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

eduardo.cardoso

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 04:25:31 pm »

Thanks for the answers!!
JasonPSorens: yea, thats my main idea, after being in the us  i could find a job in NH.  I'll probably apply for a visiting  clinical experience in dartmouth during the end of my graduation, and after that for residency.. I heard its not easy to get in there. I havent considered Boston, i didnt know it was near NH , but it is a good  way to get closer to NH.
Bazil:  traffic in the big citjes in Brazil is  awful.. I live in a medium sized city (300k)  and its bad traffic..

Hope to see and grab a beer with you guys once i make the move.  A round's on me ;D
I like how both your phrases are from portuguese writing authors.. That diapers one i reckon it's from Eça de Queiroz..
If there's any other information on this MD topic, please contact me
P.S: is it true that there is a bitcoin friendly govnmt rumner? Did he win?? That d be such a victory against gvnmt money monopoly.. I could never believe such a thing here in Brazil

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:23:48 pm »

Manchester (the biggest city in NH) has about 1/3rd (130k) the population of where you live. Boston (downtown 650K) has twice of where you live.  Technically the greater metropolitan Boston extends into southern NH.

My quote is from a friend (now passed) who told it around 15 years ago.  I don't know where he got it, but it stuck with me.

NH is the most bitcoin friendly state in the united states!  Several of our reps accepted bitcoin (mostly FSPers) donations for their campaigns: http://www.shirelibertynews.com/bitcoin-used-by-new-hampshire-candidates/  Yes some if not most if them won.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:29:07 pm by Bazil »
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything